Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #31
My Whitehawk looks brand new from the inside, the outside rear, and the outside sides. However, from the front, it looks horrible now. The fade is so incredibly bad and noticeable. We are thinking about trading to a fifth wheel so I will probably just leave it alone. However, if we don't, then I am going to have to get the front cap redone. Maybe painted and clear-coated so it doesn't do this again anytime soon.

Joelton, TN
2013 Ford F350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7 Diesel 3.55 Long Bed
2013 Jayco White Hawk 30DSRE
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:33 PM   #32
Recently spoke to a dealer about the new white exterior colors on the Whitehawk and was told that the change was because of the fading problems with the darker front caps.

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited
2011 Jay Feather X18D
saintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:25 PM   #33
Had mine recently repainted and it looks fantastic. They put on extra clear coat and it should be fine for many many years now.
lsttype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #34
I see this is an older thread, but our 2014 24 RBS had the same issue, front cap Gel Coat was fading and cracking after one year.

The dealer initially said the Jayco would have it painted and new decals under warranty, but after I took it in, Jayco replaced the whole from cap (it took awhile). I was very happy with Jayco's response - that OEM Gel Coat had issues, premature failure, Jayco knew it and damned if the didn't stand behind it - I was very happy!

This is our second Jayco, and while we occasionally have issues, I have no reason to ever buy anything else.
blanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:56 PM   #35
Update. Now that summer is over the front continued to fade and looks as bad as it did before the dealer buffed it out in April of this year. I continued to ask the dealer what could be done and they continued to pressure Jayco with no answers from Jayco.

I am only about three hours from the Jayco plant in Middlebury, IN. so I even considered camping near Middlebury and paying them a visit in their parking lot with my faded out White Hawk. Jayco states over an over in their marketing that they want customer satisfaction. If they expect me to buy another one they need to step it up.

And then the answer came today. Jayco stepped up and agreed to repaint the front of my TT. I am not thrilled with how long it took but my dealership kept pressuring them and they finally agreed today, even though it is out of warranty.

All I can say is for those of you having trouble with front fade, document it and keep on the dealership, or do what I considered; while on an extended camping trip park it in their parking lot in Middlebury IN. and see if they will respond to your concerns as a practically brand new TT with JAYCO plastered across the front has faded paint.

Thanks for finally stepping up Jayco!

2012 Whitehawk 28DSBH
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L RWD
Eaglechief_13 is offline   Reply With Quote