Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #1

White Hawk Water Pump Question

My wife and I took delivery of our first TT on Tuesday, a '14 White Hawk 28dsbh. During the PDI nothing was ever mentioned about a water pump. I suppose I wasn't as prepared as I should have been and didn't ask questions about one. I assumed that once you hooked up to city/CG water the system was pressurized by the water input. However, now that I have had time to think about a few things, that obviously can't be the case when dry camping with water in your fresh water tank. So, my questions are, do I have a water pump (I must)? Where is it located? When and how do I turn it on and off? I would look this up, but the unit is at the storage facility right now.

Thanks,

Mike
mrp116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #2

Hi Mike.

Yes you do have a water pump. It's turned on/off in the control panel behind the corkboard/key holder panel next to the front door. I've attached what mine looks like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0246.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	8534

When you are dry camping, first of course put water into the gravity tank, then turn on the water pump on the panel. The water pump itself is underneath the sink behind the lower panel. They are loud so you can't miss it.

Use the pump only when feeding from the gravity tank, and keep it off when connected to city/CG water. You can screw up the pump if you run it when the gravity tank is dry or if you are connected to the city. I messed up my first trailer's pump by running it when dry. Good news is that they are easy to replace.

Make sure you don't turn on the water heater until the heater tank has water in it.

Sorry for the long winded answer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0246 (598x800).jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #3

Your water pump should be located under the sink cabinet. The switch to turn it on is as stated by Peter above. Make sure you have water in your fresh tank before you turn it on. Good luck.