Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #1

Whitehawk 28DSBH Dinette

Just got my new Whitehawk. Already got some good ideas for the outside fridge shutoff.

Now Im wondering about the Dinette cushions. Has anyone done a mod to keep them from continually flopping over? I was just gonna add some veldro but wondered if it may peel off down the road and get all sticky and such....
blkcorvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #2

The fridge has a knob in back on the top right side that you can turn it off with.
Samque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #3

My mom used comercial type "snaps" on her cushions. The kind they use to hold down boat covers or snap down the ends on a hybrid. One side screwed into the wood on the dinette the other side you attach to the fabric with a "snap kit" which you buy at the fabric store with the fabric snaps. The screwball side of the snap can be purchased at an upholstery or marine supply store or ordered online.
One hint is to install the snaps on the cushion first, then attach the wood side snaps to it and use that to mark the wood where the wood snap will screw in...

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #4

I tried the velcro with no such luck..... the velcro won't stick to the back of the cushions very well.

I like Ladywendolyn's idea of snaps. There's always duct tape.

As for the fridge, ours kept freezing my beer.... now I don't mind very cold beverages but frozen beersicles was getting to be a bit much. Anyhow found out from Jayco there is a knob in the back of the fridge ( as mentioned from Samque ) top right hand side that you can adjust... there is an actual cutout in the wood panel to get your hand in there to adjust it.

Cheers
Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #5

We used Velcro to keep the cushions from falling. What Peggy did was used the self-adhesive strips but she sewed around the outside edges of the strips on the seatback cushions to make sure that they did not pull off. Works fine so far. Also I used short staples on the strips attached to the wooden back of the benches.
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAE View Post
We used Velcro to keep the cushions from falling. What Peggy did was used the self-adhesive strips but she sewed around the outside edges of the strips on the seatback cushions to make sure that they did not pull off. Works fine so far. Also I used short staples on the strips attached to the wooden back of the benches.
I tried some velcro quick. But fell off too easily. Staples would have helped. I ended on putting some Boat style snaps on them. Two one the cushions and the wood. Reinforced the ones on the cushions with the velcro I tried first.
blkcorvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:29 AM   #7

On my old trailer they used Velcro but used 2 or 3 small staples to keep it there. The one on our jayco are pushed in and they stay.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #8

I've put velcro on our seat cushions over two years ago........never had a lick of problems with them yet!
chopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #9

We also tried the velcro on our 31DSLB and it didn't work at all however I did not sew or staple it which in hind sight seems like a good idea.
I too like Ladywendolyn's suggestion and me thinks I'll go in that direction. Thanks!