Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #31
please keep me informed

I have a 2012 white hawk 27dsrl. Was told the r values where r22 roof, r14 floor, r9 walls. Main problem was jayco brochure displayed great insulation, but failed to put any r values. Also live in Texas, this whitehawk I bought does not even come close to keeping up with heat or cold. Always a 10-15 degree difference between bath, bedroom and living area. AC never shuts off. doesn't keep up. Found out after purchase actual r values where a pathetic r8 ceiling, r5 walls, r7 floor. That is basically no insulation at all. I have contacted Jayco after finding out this complete deception for an answer to bring the r values anywhere near promised. Still waiting for response. It sucks that for a measly 160 bucks I could have had an insulated trailer as I was told I was getting. Needless to say I am not a happy camper.

Originally Posted by mikmurphy View Post
The Whitehawk we just picked up had the same sticker to the left of the main door, and it also showed up on the build sheet provided. (The sheet showed ALL the options we'd ordered.) We hope this Glacier Package will help the trailer cool down/stay cooler in our TX heat; and even help out should we venture into very cool climes!

Wife and three kids 16,13, 5 (the sixteen year old is too cool to camp)
2004 Toyota Tundra 4x4 with TRD off road and Michelin LTX tires
2013 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
Texascamper is offline   Reply With Quote