Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonproductive View Post
I only have 1 battery - but it too seems to only be held on by the strap. I may look into a dual battery box at some point and figure out a way to secure it to the tongue properly.
That's my plan, too. I drove a thousand miles without the batteries moving, then on a single 3-mile trip up the road to our storage lot, the batteries slid all the way to the right. I drive like a grandpa with the trailer, so I have no idea what changed, but definitely keep an eye on it.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #12

If you lift the couch up about 45 degrees, you can put small flat totes under there for additional storage

Old 07-03-2016, 04:12 PM   #13

I am about to get an X213 this week. Can anyone tell me what the Ball size is and the height the ball needs to be at to have the trailer level? I would like to have it set up as close as possible for when I go to pick it up to save time. I am not worried too much about it dropping at all. I have air springs so I can raise the back end back up for any drop

How does this trailer tow? I dropped down from an F250 to an F150 and my 30 ft trailer that was 7300 lbs dry with 950lb tongue wt felt a little too much. I am hoping the X213 will be a pleasure to tow and be an easy hook up and go for the weekend trailer
tle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle4 View Post
Can anyone tell me what the Ball size is
2 5/16

Quote:
and the height the ball needs to be at to have the trailer level?
This isn't too useful, but on my F150 the top of the ball is just under 23 inches unloaded. I'll go outside in a few minutes and take some measurements and see if I can get you a more accurate loaded height for a level trailer.

Edit: By my measurements, the top of the coupler is 22 5/8. So if you put the ball at 22 1/2 you'd be really close to exactly level. Mine sits an inch or so low on the front when loaded.

Quote:
How does this trailer tow?
Pretty forgiving IMO. I still don't have the hitch transferring quite as much weight forward as I think I'd like, and even so it's very steady. Even in gusty winds it's never given me much grief. F150 stock tires are squishy as hell, that is something I'm going to end up changing for sure. It's an extremely tongue heavy trailer, which I assume is why it tows so nicely.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:01 PM   #15

Thanks for the info. That should get me close enough to be able to hook it up without having to take it apart at the dealer. I already have the right size ball on there too.

Are you using weight distribution or any kind of anti sway setup? I have a dual cam weight distribution setup on my trailer that I traded in that they will be switching over to the x213

Have you ever taken it to get real weights of your trailer on a scale? I am curious how close it is to what jayco says they are . Tongue weight is much less on this than my last trailer.. I had my spring bars pretty much maxed out and had to fill my air springs to max to make it ride the most comfortable . Between tongue weight and passengers, I think I was pretty close to max payload on my F150
Old 07-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Are you using weight distribution or any kind of anti sway setup? I have a dual cam weight distribution setup on my trailer that I traded in that they will be switching over to the x213
I'm using an Equal-i-zer 10K.

Quote:
Have you ever taken it to get real weights of your trailer on a scale? I am curious how close it is to what jayco says they are . Tongue weight is much less on this than my last trailer.. I had my spring bars pretty much maxed out and had to fill my air springs to max to make it ride the most comfortable . Between tongue weight and passengers, I think I was pretty close to max payload on my F150
Yeah, somewhere around here in one of the X213 threads I posted my weights. I'm taking ~300 pounds off the front axle when loaded, and adding around 1000 pounds to the rear axle. I'm not over the payload or axle limits, but I'd like to shift that 300 pounds back to the front axle. The tongue on my X213 works out to 725-750 pounds with nothing in the front bunk storage area except two leveling boards and bedding for the kids. The only non-factory weight on the tongue is I have an extra battery added by my dealer.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:29 PM   #17

Wow that is quite a bit off from what their numbers are. They are saying 460 tongue weight in their brochure which is a little over 10% of what they say is the unloaded trailer weight

Maybe you need to tighten up on your spring bars a little more to shift a little more weight back to the front. That might get rid of that squishy tire feeling. It took a lot more setup with my F150 to get my other trailer to feel ok than it did with the F250.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Wow that is quite a bit off from what their numbers are. They are saying 460 tongue weight in their brochure which is a little over 10% of what they say is the unloaded trailer weight
FWIW, my sticker says the trailer rolled off the line at 4462 with propane. So take 460 and add what, 70 pounds of propane tanks, and 130 pounds for the two batteries, and I can see how I got to over 700. That assumes Jayco's dry hitch calculation doesn't include the tanks or at least one battery, though. In any case I think it's safe to assume you'll be at 700-850. That makes me close to my payload capacity (1425) on the F150, but I don't exceed it. My kids are 3 & 5 so they don't weigh much yet, and by the time they do, it'll be time to get a new tow vehicle anyway. If I had been paying more attention, maybe I'd have gotten the max tow package -- it adds a bunch of payload capacity.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:25 PM   #19

My payload is just a little more. I think it is 1560 off the top of my head . On the most part it will be my wife, granddaughter and myself. I am a pretty big guy though. I should be ok on payload as long as tongue doesn't get over 1000. Though my hitch has a max of 1050lbs tongue weight

I wonder if my dealer has a scale to weigh it with there. Do you know where the tanks are located at in the trailer? I wonder if fresh water is maybe further back and if you filled with fresh water it would take some off the tongue
Old 07-05-2016, 10:10 PM   #20

I tow mine with a 1/2 ton Dodge Ram with a weight distribution hitch. It ties great and is rock steady. It is a great trailer except I did not care for the mattress. I put a 2"memory gel mattress topper and now it is great. Buy a pool noodle and cut a chunk to pad the awning frame. It will save you some bumps.

BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote