Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #1

X213 questions

Hello new here and first post. Looking at the jayco x213 TT and wondering how the furnace is in this unit for fall camping into November here in ontario. Also does anyone know how long the propane tanks would run it for ? I guess fridge and furnace or just fridge alone.
Will be my first TT and been looking for a year or so now and think I like the x213 the best for my family. Thanks.
Kodiakattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #2

I have only filled the tanks once in 2 yrs, I use the furnace sparingly but when it is, it heats the trailer nicely. I dry camp so the fridge is on propane only. I charge the battery every couple of days with my generator. I have a Champion 2000 that I used and havd upgraded toba Champion 3100 watt invertor generator
Old 05-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #3

I find the propane furnace heats up the X213 really fast even in the winter. Bought mine a year ago and I still haven't emptied the first propane tank. Hard to say how long it would last if you used it everyday though as I never use it in the summer. When I stay at a serviced site I use an electric space heater. I'm paying for the power might as well use it instead of my propane.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #4

Hey guys thanks for the info great help. Still looking for a TT but 90% I am going for the x213. Good size for me and don't want to much weight to pull around and easier to wheel into small spots. Just sleeping in it and to save everyone from a rain day.
Any other tips or suggestions are welcome as for this will be my first TT and learning as I go.

Cheers thanks !!!
Kodiakattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiakattack View Post
Hey guys thanks for the info great help. Still looking for a TT but 90% I am going for the x213. Good size for me and don't want to much weight to pull around and easier to wheel into small spots. Just sleeping in it and to save everyone from a rain day.
Any other tips or suggestions are welcome as for this will be my first TT and learning as I go.

Cheers thanks !!!
Hi, we love this trailer, it is mostly my wife and I right now until our grand children are a little older. It tows great, nice thing about it is that you can still sleep in it without having to extend the slide on long road trips. I did a LED lighting conversion and installed remote LED puck lights under the overhead cabinets over the slide out bed. The auto dump feature on the awning works great, we have been thru a couple nasty thunderstorms with it. The nice thing about having a TT is having a washroom on the road, heck you can even do lunch too. The stove and fridge are not blocked by the slide.