Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2016, 02:55 AM   #1

X23u vs 23RLSR

This is my first post! We have been looking at trailers for over 6 months and are starting to get close in our choice. These trainers have the exact same weights, but different advantages.

We like the space of the x23u, and found one for around 19k which we thought was a decent price. We are still apprehensive about the performance of canvas during really hot days and cold wet days, but we think the tent style pop out will give a great camping vibe.

Considering the size of the x23u we are enamored with the large open areas that the x23u provides because of the massive slide, which creates such a roomy space and a great lounging area with a sofa that sits in the entire width of the slide. Also, we are tall, so the popout beds benefit us because we know we can fit in them. As for the 23lrsr I am unsure of us being able to fit because there is not one for me to try out within 300 miles, but I like the features and layout so much it is pulling at me.

The layout of the 23rlsr with the rear seating area, dinette slide, ample countertop space and the plentiful windows provide the type of environment we find most appealing and superior to the same features on the x23u. During the times when the weather is rough, such as snowy weather and rainy weather I find 23RLSR to be far superior in protection against the stormy weather because it is hardshell.

The 23rlsr only has one bed so we are unsure how to make the sofa or dinette beds a workable solution for our 8 month old?

Both trailers have their Pros and cons but they both seem to be really great trailers. This decision will not be easy.
Bsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:08 AM   #2

Do you mean the 23RLSW? That one has my vote - and I bought one, just haven't been able to use it yet. The jackknife sofa and the dinette both make up into beds that would be fine for a child; the sofa might be less work. We upgraded from a 165RB hybrid, which has a fold-out rear bunk - we wanted the living space and all the other stuff you listed about the 23RLSW.

If you're tall, the short queen in the 23RLSW might be a challenge, but even there I'm not worried. Biggest advantage is the 23RLSW has a real bed with a real mattress. Our experience with the fold-out bedding is that the pads are *not* the same as a real mattress.

FWIW, we also found that getting both heat and AC into the foldout was a challenge.

Just my thoughts. Good luck!

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote