I'm new to RV'ing, new to the forum, and new to my 2007 Greyhawk 30 GS motorhome.
I bought this motorhome last November and it immediately went into storage for the winter. I know little to nothing about it.
When I took it out of storage in May, I found that the house battery was forever dead and replaced it. (At that point, I thought I had only one house battery, but later learned there are two.) Everything seemed fine - lights worked, etc. I tinkered in the motorhome for awhile and started to prepare it to drive back to storage. I brought the bedroom slide back in and then everything in the coach went dead. The chassis battery still worked and I could start the engine, but not drive with the living room slide still out.
Plugging into 110v AC didn't help. All that did was give me power to the electrical outlets.
I was able to get the slide in manually and drive the MH to be worked on by an experienced RV mechanic, but not at a dealer. He replaced a solenoid and a switch and all was fine. I have figured out this was the battery disconnect solenoid and battery disconnect momentary switch. He could not get the latching solenoid needed and replaced it with another kind (no further info on that) and it required a regular on/off switch instead of a momentary switch. I also learned from him that I have a second house battery.
Fast forward to my shake down trip a few weeks later. I had the second battery tested and learned it was also forever dead and replaced it. Shake down trip was going well till everything in the coach went dead again. This time, I was actually plugged into 110 v AC when it all turned south. Again, nothing works in the MH except the electrical outlets. I suspect it is the battery disconnect solenoid again, but can't get into the dealer for another week.
The thing these two episodes have in common is that each time, I had replaced a house battery a few hours before everything went dead. I don't know if that is coincidence or actually related. In the first case, the MH was not plugged into power. In the second case, it was plugged into power.
This RVing lifestyle is not starting out on the best note. So far, I'm not a very happy camper
and am wondering if it is even worth it. I'd appreciate any knowledge or experience anyone wants to pass on regarding this issue.