Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #1

2016 Whitehawk Outside TV Mount Bracket

I noticed the new model Whitehawks have a mounted TV bracket on the exterior of the unit. I called Jayco to see if I can install it on my 2015 however since the wall does not have a backing plate to mount the TV bracket too, they said it is not possible.

I do have an idea however. Double sided tape has come a long ways over the years and I am will to bet if you put double sided tape on the bracket and affix it to the side of the camper, it would work fine. Now, I am not going to hang a 50inch TV or anything but small LED TV such as a 19-21" are so light I would think it would be just fine.

Have any of you come up with a solution to mount an exterior TV to your unit that hasn't been prepped for a TV mount??
gradertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #2

gradertb, I can't say I would risk it but in theory, if the television is light and small enough and meets the Tape limits, it should work. Be sure to thoroughly clean surfaces of course. Maybe even a chain screwed to the side for catching a falling television??? Rain and weather are tapes worst friend and I wouldn't think the installation would last long. All just my opinion...
tloynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #3

I would think you could put a bead of silicone around the bracket which would prevent water intrusion.
gradertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #4

Outside TV Mount for White Hawk

We have a 2012 27 DSRL and last year we were at the RV show in Tampa FL. Noted the ousted TV mount and knew we could modify our 2012. Put a antenna splitter in the wall in bedroom where the slide cover is for the rear of the shower. Ran one end of coax cable up inside the wall to the bedroom TV. The other down the wall behind the shower, sink and gas stove. You have to remove the gas stove. Unscrew the six small screws holding the stove in and disconnect the gas line to the stove and remove. Remove the thin wood shelf under the stove. You will now have a very large area to work in. Drilled one hole for the antenna wire and installed the standard cable hook up as you have on the other side of the trailer used for input for cable. Then I drilled four holes for the outside TV bracket and bolts that mount the outside bracket. I used over size washers on the inside for the extra strength. DO NOT use a TV bracket with a swivel, as that will over stress the wall. We use a small slide in and out mount for both outside and inside mounts. We use the same TV from the bedroom and move it outside all the time. Just make sure you use fresh silicon glue at all holes and seal the edges of any mounts. Also when you put the stove back, do a gas leak check.
rdream is offline   Reply With Quote