So yesterday I set about trying to figure out why we aren't getting trailer lights.
I checked all the fuses in the TV that relate to towing and nothing amiss.
Retested the receptacle on the TV and still showing power at all pins.
Sanded all the connectors in the pigtail, filled the cavities with dielectric grease and plugged it into the TV. Still no lights
Pulled the plug and noticed that the dielectric grease appeared undisturbed by the pins in the TV receptacle.
Looking at the pins I notice that they are off center in the receptacle
So I crawl under the truck and find that part (plastic) of the assembly that holds the receptacle together (plastic) has snapped and the pigtail and pins are not lining up.
So with judicious application of bailing wire and chewing gum I have firmly anchored the receptacle once again and all is working as it should.
Sure wish that manufacturers would use sterner stuff (METAL)when they make things like this.