Well, the new gasket is on and the AC sits a good 1/4" higher than it did before. The old gasket was VERY compressed, probably more than it should have been, it was barely 1/4" thick in places. One of the "drains" was actually starting to rub through the roof
The white part is gone in a very small spot and the black is showing through. Not sure why it had been tightened so much, It looks much better now and it's centered. I am fairly certain it was leaking because it had been over tightened. The new gasket is also more "dense" than the old one, it did take a bit to get it compressed to the tabs, but its very even all the way around now. Along with using the tabs, I also took measurements at all 4 corners between the AC base and the mounting plate, they are all equal. I also replaced all the pads on the rear half of the AC, the ones that were on it were all but flat.
Pics of the old gasket
I did actually do this by myself, there really isn't much room up there for two people and it really isn't all that heavy. I did have my son help guide it into place from inside, that was very helpful.
I dumped some water out of a bucket around it, so far so good. Tomorrow I am planning to wash the roof, that should be a good test.
Thanks again exjay1 for taking all the pics, they are very helpful.
2013 Starcraft Travel Star 229TB
2011 Jayco X17Z(traded in)
2010 Jayco Jay Series 1207(traded for the 17Z)
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 CC 6.0L/3.73
Reese "Pro Series" 800lb Trunnion WDH w/sway control