Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #11
Site Team
Originally Posted by TexasA&M View Post
Just build one of these -

That picture is about 7 years old, but the radio looks the same today. I had to replace the head unit 3 years or so ago because I got it wet (my fault, not the design's), but other than that, it's been rockin'. Needs a new battery every other year or so, but it can also be run while plugged in (using a battery maintainer). I've been toying with the idea of building a bigger one with more power, but this one gets the job done pretty well, so I haven't messed with it yet.
Hey Tex, that`s a neat idea! Next time maybe you could use a Jensen waterproof marine radio like I have in my boat and you`ll have an all weather rockin` station!

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0l, 4.10r

2010 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Reese Strait Line with Dual Cam
P3 Brk controller
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #12

That is a COOL boom box, Texas A&M, but how could a Texas Aggie settle for Blue and White? If you build a bigger one make sure it is Maroon. Or, if you want a really, really cool color just make it UT Burnt Orange!!!!

Emeritus Member of Jayco Owners' Forum
Texas Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #13
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Has anybody added outdoor speakers to their trailers? Our 17Z came with speakers in the ceiling but I'd like to add some to the exterior. Not being familiar with trailer construction I'm not sure about cutting into the exterior skin. Shoule I just install a couple of recesses boxes and plug the speakers in to a jack when I arrive? Do they make outdoor speakers for campers?
I just saw that Camping world (I think) has some wireless rock speakers on sale... they might be to your liking...
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
140 days boondocking in 2016
211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #14
Couldn't find a maroon cooler that was the right size. I went with a standard car stereo for cost savings and installed a marine cover. It keeps the water out when the lid is closed... just gotta remember to close the lid before you hose it down! If I build another one, the head unit will be completely enclosed, and I will use a wired remote on the outside of the cooler for the controls.

TexasA&M is offline   Reply With Quote