Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2017, 10:51 AM   #1

Any body install Interior Frig Cooling Fan

Have Norcold #1210 Frig.I need 3/4 amp to power fans.Pic is behind rear outside access panel any ideas? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
1 Full Back.jpg   2 Power back frig.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Have Norcold #1210 Frig.I need 3/4 amp to power fans.Pic is behind rear outside access panel any ideas? Thanks
Years ago on a prior motorhome... I mounted the fan in the exhaust vent on the roof of the motorhome. There is a screen that keeps critters out, and I attached it to the underside of that screen so that it sucked out the hot air from the cabinet and aided in the overall convection cooling of the cooling unit.

I ran the wires down the left side of the fridge - away from the boiler unit and used a simple toggle switch to turn the fan on when it was having trouble keeping the fridge cool.

You seem to have identified the Black/White wires that are powering your fridge, but you should use a fuse in the line powering the fan - at least 1A should be sufficient.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:06 PM   #3

Frig Cooling fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Years ago on a prior motorhome... I mounted the fan in the exhaust vent on the roof of the motorhome. There is a screen that keeps critters out, and I attached it to the underside of that screen so that it sucked out the hot air from the cabinet and aided in the overall convection cooling of the cooling unit.

I ran the wires down the left side of the fridge - away from the boiler unit and used a simple toggle switch to turn the fan on when it was having trouble keeping the fridge cool.

You seem to have identified the Black/White wires that are powering your fridge, but you should use a fuse in the line powering the fan - at least 1A should be sufficient.
Thanks we have two outside cooling fans.The directions for the interior fan suggest I drill a hole through the exterior wall of the frig. to tap into 12 v power.Its a shame I cannot tap into the lite fixture inside the refrigerator.
Attached Thumbnails
Kaibab.jpg  
Old 08-14-2017, 12:29 PM   #4

Can you run the wire down the drain tube from inside the fridge to the outside to connect it to the power? The directions for the fan I have stated to do this in lieu of drilling any holes into the fridge.
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
"GO BLUE". University of Michigan
Explorer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #5

On my last two MHs I've run the wire down the drain tube. No need to drill a hole in anything. The drain tube can be seen going into the little pan near the bottom of the opening. It enters the fridge through the back and into the drip pan for the fins to defrost into.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #6

Wiring Frig inside cooling fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
On my last two MHs I've run the wire down the drain tube. No need to drill a hole in anything. The drain tube can be seen going into the little pan near the bottom of the opening. It enters the fridge through the back and into the drip pan for the fins to defrost into.
How funny I just finish watching a utube video, guess what?Run the wire through the drain line, how simple! Thanks for the feedback that's what so cool about the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
BB.Flag 2008 Pinegrove.jpg  
Old 08-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Same here; drain tube......
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:09 AM   #8

How to wire inside frig cooling fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
Same here; drain tube......
My electric knowledge is limited at best, when I look at the picture the small black box on the right is marked 12 volt.4 wires.And when frig is on propane there is an red led that's on! The larger black box on the left has 2 wires which are also marketed 12 v.Where do I go from here?Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
2 Power back frig.jpg