Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #1

Black tank flusher

Our flusher is plugged- I tried blowing it open with my air compressor set at 50#- I was not successful- Do I dare increase the air pressure? I do have the old standby through the stool flusher but I'm spoiled by the newer techknowedgy- Your responses welcomed- DD
Old 06-19-2015, 05:18 PM   #2

See if you can find a black in-line check valve, on the flush valve line. The valve will stick from time to time, which the mfg says is normal. Mine sealed, and as I tried to flush, the t/t flooded inside. Several have found theirs in the open or hidden behind a removal panel. It is suspose to be above the black tank liquid level.
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:27 PM   #3

I just got back from a three week camping trip out west. First "waste dump" out, I had a flood in the bathroom. The black tank cleaner check valve is located under the bathroom sink. I just didn't use it anymore and now will troubleshoot it. Question is, if is sticks like the mfg says is normal, how do you unstick it?
driwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #4

I've read that most people replace it with a metal valve, it's on my list of mods to do.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyd53 View Post
I just got back from a three week camping trip out west. First "waste dump" out, I had a flood in the bathroom. The black tank cleaner check valve is located under the bathroom sink. I just didn't use it anymore and now will troubleshoot it. Question is, if is sticks like the mfg says is normal, how do you unstick it?
Same exact thing happened to me!!! Mine where the hoses screw onto the valve were never tightened at the factory,I snugged them up and gave it another try.Worked fine but would spit a tablespoon of water out when you turned the water off.I took it to the dealer and they said it was mounted upside down,they remounted it the right way(I guess).I haven't got to use it since to check if it's working right or not.
WrenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:35 AM   #6

I have the Jayco Eagle 2014 33.5RETS. My water inlet and black water flush inlet sits underneath my shower. I have not used the black tank flush. Cannot see under the shower and am wondering if this is where the aforementioned valve would be or is it obvious enough to see if it is underneath the sink. Have no experience with this valve whatsoever as this is the first unit we have had with a black tank flush. Any suggestions? The owners manual does not help.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #7

The backflow valve itself is from B&B Molders, #571 I believe. Mine is located above the heater and access is easy through the vent panel. Although it makes me nervous to use it, I haven't had a problem in 3 years [yet]. I do carry a spare that I purchased off Amazon for about $35. I can actually hear the water going into the black tank, so if the sound changes, I'll turn the water off immediately. I also use a 40lb pressure regulator on the flush hose.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #8

On my Jayco it looks something like the attached. It should be accessable for replacement (but not easy accessability). I've never heard of one sticking. It's been my experience that they either work or don't work, in which case water runs out somewhere except where it's supposed to. In my case inside the RV just below the check valve/hose inlet. Mine was replaced under warranty. Don't know how much it cost but the labor time was 5 minutes.
Robot Check

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote