Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2015, 12:25 PM   #1

Caulking or What???

I have a 2005 Jayfeather. I know to re seal the roof I need to use Dicor, right? But what about the side edges, the bumper, where the fender and bumper meet the panels. What do you use there? Silicon? I have cracking around there areas and want to fix the cracks. Also, what about inside where the table meets the wall and cabinets? What do you use there? Thank you in advance for any input you can give. -Brian
yngfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:43 PM   #2

Silicone caulk works well on vertical surfaces due to its ability to stretch with expansion, contraction, and vibrations. But I prefer to use the Dicor non-sag caulk for fiberglass seams. It, too has the ability to stretch and endure vibrations, but adheres much better over time. And I believe that's what a dealer would recommend, for warranty purposes.

I use the Dicor self-leveling caulk on the roof seams, and the Dicor non-sag on vertcal seams. But I also use the clear silicone around marker lights and utility openings, like water hookup doors, etc.

Scoutr2 (Mike)
2015 Jay Flight 32RLDS Elite
2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ (6.6L Duramax/Allison)
Equalizer Hitch (1200# bars)
Scoutr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #3

Thanks, Does Dicor come in color? I wasn't sure what that caulking material around the fender and bumper is... Thank you
yngfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #4

Yes, Dicor makes other colors, but they are hard to find. Camping World seems to only carry white. Here's a link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_4rlv6f4cy8_e

Scoutr2 (Mike)
2015 Jay Flight 32RLDS Elite
2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ (6.6L Duramax/Allison)
Equalizer Hitch (1200# bars)
Scoutr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yngfireman View Post
I have a 2005 Jayfeather. I know to re seal the roof I need to use Dicor, right? But what about the side edges, the bumper, where the fender and bumper meet the panels. What do you use there? Silicon? I have cracking around there areas and want to fix the cracks. Also, what about inside where the table meets the wall and cabinets? What do you use there? Thank you in advance for any input you can give. -Brian
From the gutter rails down use Geocel Pro-Flex and comes in colors, up on the roof that's up to you, if you want to keep going up on your rv roof multipul times a year use lap sealant, if not get rid of the lap sealant, self leveling caulking and use a 4" fiber backed seam tape that accepts a coating, never get up on your rv roof again..
rvroofer is offline   Reply With Quote