Originally Posted by nylyon
The great thing about the way this is architected is you can come up with a lot of "hybrid" solutions for TV. The simplest is to leave the jumper in place. When you do this you've connected the external connector to the "primary" wall plate (the one on the right in the picture above). Here's how you connect in this scenario:
1. Attach park cable to exterior connector
2. Connect cable from the primary wall plate (one on right) to the TV connector.
1. For park cable, depress the button on primary wall plate until the indicator light is OFF.
2. Scan for channels on your TV.
3. Grab drink of choice and enjoy.
4. For Antenna, depress the button until the indicator light is ON
5. Scan for channels on your TV
6. Grab drink of choice and enjoy
Doesn't work for me. I am using a SWM ODU only device. It needs the satellite receiver connected to the "Power to SWM" side. I have the receiver connected to the "Signal to IRD" side. I attached the satellite antenna cable to the outside connector of the camper, I left the jumper in between the "A" and "B" connectors, and I attached a coax between the box pictured on the right and the "Power to SWM" side of the SWM ODU device. I get an indicator that I have no connection to the satellite antenna.
If I remove the coax between the box pictured on the right and the "Power to SWM" side of the SWM ODU device and "home run" the satellite cable to the "Power to SWM" side of the SWM ODU device then I get an indicator that the satellite antenna is connected.
I am left to wonder just where the external antenna connection can be found. Maybe I will forever have to "home run" the cable through a camper window!