Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #1

Continu.us Television USB Connection?

Hi All,

I have the Continu.us television in my 2013 25RKS and I see that it has a USB input on the side but cannot seem to make it do anything. I have looked at the Continu.us web info and it seems to indicate that this USB port is for Service.

So I am trying to see if any of you have been able to use the televsion USB port for an input? I have photo's on a stick that I have viewed on televisions in the past and it was a nice way to do it and would like to do it again if possible.

I am also trying to get info from Continu.us via their web site but thought I would ask real users as well.

Thanks,

Terry
On the edge between Far West TX & Eastern NM
Traver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #2

Every flat panel tv I've seen has a USB port and they all state it's for service only. Do you have a USB on your radio? If you plug a thumb drive into there then it will most likely play on your TV.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #3

OK, I tried using the radio connector and was successful. Thanks for reminding me about that.
On the edge between Far West TX & Eastern NM
Traver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #4

Exclamation

In part, the previous user's answer concerning "service only" was correct. The port was designed for uploading new software to the TV for functionality. However, approximately 1 year ago, we changed our models to allow the playback of .mp3 and .jpg files. If you can provide the serial number of the TV, I will check with our engineering team to see if we can provide a firmware update for your television that would allow you to play these types of files through your television as a picture slideshow or music playback.

Please feel free to e-mail us at support@continu.us or call us at 1-866-500-6907 if you would like to check into this further. We hope you enjoy the use of your Continu.us TV and we hope that we can help you get the most entertainment out of your television.
Continu-us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu-us View Post
However, approximately 1 year ago, we changed our models to allow the playback of .mp3 and .jpg files. If you can provide the serial number of the TV, I will check with our engineering team to see if we can provide a firmware update for your television that would allow you to play these types of files through your television as a picture slideshow or music playback.
We have an older Sony television (at home) that only plays Sony media (camera memory stick slideshows, etc)....I always enjoyed that feature. Thanks for monitoring the forum.
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:19 PM   #6

How can you plat MKV files on the Continus-US TV?
pboyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #7

We have a dedicated computer for our TT. It's just a small cube style case we built and hooks to the television thru a HDMI cable . We have a portable hard drive that hooks to it by USB and we play our .mkv files and other thru that. Logitech keyboard with integrated mouse pad completes the setup.
PNWDriver is offline   Reply With Quote