Originally Posted by tnchuck100
1. It is a CO detector........not a CO2 detector.
CO is carbon monoxide. It odorless and can kill you.
CO2 is carbon dioxide. You exhale this when you breathe.
CO2 will also Kill you if it accumulates. Like any hydrocarbon, propane when completely burned produces carbon dioxide and water; these are not too bad, although you could use up enough oxygen and produce enough carbon dioxide to suffocate anyone in the building. Complete combustion never happens in the real world, and so you end up with partial combustion products of which the worst is carbon monoxide, which combines readily with the hemoglobin in the blood, displacing oxygen and suffocating the victim from the inside.