Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2016, 07:18 AM   #1

Dish HD 3 TV's

I have the Dish Hopper version3 DVR and 2 wireless Joey's in my home. All HD, looking for a way to move this setup to rv? Rv will be a 2017 Eagle FW. two inside TV's and one exterior.

Anyone used this setup? Antenna selection?

I have a single LMB on a tripod from a past Directv setup, but think this will only give me a few channels, have not tried it.
vicchap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:29 AM   #2

Your best bet will be buying the Tailgater auto anntenna you'll get all the channels in HD.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:39 AM   #3

I don't know that you can get HD on all three TVs, unless you spend a whole lot of money.

With the Dish tailgater and the 211k receiver, you can get HD on your main TV and SD on your other TVs. The 211k has dual outputs, HDMI and coax. The HDMI output connects to your main TV, and the coax output connects to the rest of the camper. This is the setup I am using, and it works fine.

To this, you have to get the 211k receiver. The more common 211z receiver doesn't have the dual outputs.

I've been told you can connect a hard drive to the 211k and get DVR functionality, but I haven't tried this.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by etex211 View Post
I've been told you can connect a hard drive to the 211k and get DVR functionality, but I haven't tried this.
We had hard drives connected to our 211k receivers for years. The hard drive must have its own power source.
And whatever you do don't pay Dish the $40 for DVR activation. They are always willing to negotiate for customer retention.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:29 AM   #5

We also have the tailgater it's $7 a month if you have Dish... you can stop that subscription during the months that you're not using it...... activate it when you're camping again. One thing we did learn was to activate the unit before you are in a campsite.
Crablad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:42 AM   #6

Unfortunately, it appears that the Hopper is incompatible with all the popular domed dishes available. Your only choices to use it are with either the Winegard Travl'er or a tripod mounted dish solution. This is the link for Winegard options, but I looked at King as well and theirs is also incompatible with the Hopper.

DISH Compatible Satellite Antennas for RV, Camping and Tailgating