Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #1

Cool Dish vip211z receiver to TT coax

My 2014 white hawk 30dsre seems to have the typical internal Tv coax wiring to connect input sources to all tv's. Had it all working with an old SD dish receiver. Upgraded to a vip211z HD receiver that I connected directly to the main Tv via HDMI [works great, super picture on cheap tv]. Typically the "out to tv" on a SD receiver would be connected to the "B" port [bottom of where the loop was connected] and that would feed the sat signal to all tvs [bedroom, outside, main].

My problem is that the new HD receiver only has HDMI and RCA component output ports. How do I use the RCA output ports to connect to the trailer coax port? Hope this makes sence, I'm not a tech person. The key here is that the new receiver does not have a "coax" output port only HDMI that I have connected to the big Tv. I want to feed the sat output signal into the internal coax so that I can see the sat channel on the other tvs.

Is there an addapter that will take the yellow/red/white component output from the receiver and adapt it to a coax connection that can be connected to the internal trailer wiring?

Help!!
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #2

Yes, Radio Shack sells a 117VAC powered adapter for about $30.00.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #3

" RF Modulator"
Old 10-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #4

Thanks I found a couple at Amazon for a reasonable price. Called a 3/4 modulator and are designed to allow newer electronics [DVD players, game consoles, and in my case a new sat receiver] to old TV's or most RV coax networks.

Just found out that the VIP211z [and older models too] can be turned into DVR's simply by connecting an external hard drive. Need for Dish to activate the software [for a small one time fee of course] but you the receiver then functions like the other receiver DVR models with no monthly fee. Got the hard drive so have a call in to the tech that did the install to see if he will activate [maybe for free] since all the other upgrade was comp'ed.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #5

Ordered my 3/4 modulator last nite. Should receive next week. Plan on using the rca plugs to route my dish sat receiver output into the TT coax grid. Main TV is connected directly to the receiver via HDMI and the same channel will be sent to the other tv's in the bedroom and front external output.

Will also test my 722 dual receiver that is my main unit inside my home. Plan would be to move it to the TT for our trip south in Jan. Will hook side one to the main tv via hdmi and side 2 to the TT coax via the coax output to tv port on the receiver. The dual setup should allow the wife to select her own channels on the bedroom tv.

My unknown is how to connect for local OTA ant since the roof ant is routed thru the same internal coax that I will be pushing the sat signal thru. Hoping that all I will need to do is turn off the receiver for side 2 and activate the ant booster button. Will try splitting it and sending the OTA signal to the receiver via the ant input port.

More to follow. Has anyone else attempted what I'm trying to do?
Old 10-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #6

This should work
http://www.amazon.com/RCA-CRF940-Mod...pd_sim_sbs_e_5