Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2017, 07:58 AM   #21

Jack won't work with shore power only?

Hi , reading these posts as my jack stopped working as soon as we arrived at our campsite. I was under impression that when plugged into shore power, the converter would provide power to run the jack as well.

But from the previous posts I see it's not wired directly. As long as its charging the batteries, it's really the batteries doing the work?

I had replaced a bad jack and now mine has 2 - 30A fuses, one at the jack motor and original one after the wire nut before the battery terminal. One is ATC and one is glass style. I should remove one of these I know.
boblanglois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 06:42 PM   #22

My electronic tongue jack does,

Not go up or down and the light doesn't work. I was going out on a camping trip and it died about 4 in from hitching it to my truck. I looked around the Jack and I could not find the fuse? Still looking? I was told it was a 30 amp fuse but where is it? and what does it look like? I could not find it. I would appreciate somebody that would post a photo of i I have to replace it before I can travel.
SuperdutyFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 07:02 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperdutyFord View Post
Not go up or down and the light doesn't work. I was going out on a camping trip and it died about 4 in from hitching it to my truck. I looked around the Jack and I could not find the fuse? Still looking? I was told it was a 30 amp fuse but where is it? and what does it look like? I could not find it. I would appreciate somebody that would post a photo of i I have to replace it before I can travel.
What brand and model of jack do you have on your TT, and how old is the jack? Many have just one wire from the jack connecting to the positive battery terminal, or inside the wire junction box, and the ground is made through the three mounting bolts to the tongue. Some. like ours has a resetting circuit breaker inside the motor housing. No external fuse.

Since there's not even a light, there's no power getting to it. First, check the positive wire connection to the battery, and along it for a break in the wire. Then make sure it's grounding to the tongue. Failing that, it's checking connections inside the jack cover with a digital VOM.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:02 PM   #24

There is a master fuse protecting the battery. Put your finger on the big positive wire and slide it down to the frame. You should find a small black fuse holder about the size of a postage stamp.

Also on my Hummingbird I can manually crank it using a 7/16 socket through a rubber cap on the top of the jack.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:36 PM   #25

New Jay Feather Micro 166Fbs Tongue Jack not working

I am having this same issue, we went on our first trip and after coming home the jack no longer works when using the battery (no light or jack function at all). However it does work when plugged into the truck... For reference the battery is new and full and everything else that is 12v on the trailer works fine without being plugged into the truck.

I have followed the wire it goes to a junction box on the front of the frame. Nowhere on this wire is there any fuse. Also no fuse in the junction box. The bottom of this trailer has a cover, would the fuse be under that cover on the bottom of the trailer?

I do have one 15amp (not 30) fuse in the fuse box inside that when I remove the fuse it does not have a little red light (showing broken connection) it also does not make any spark when plugging back in.

Any help would be appriciated!
TomC_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric jack, power