Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #1

Executive surround receiver replacement

My receiver will no longer play dvds, where can I buy a new Executive unit. I can't seem to find anything else to fit in the 12-1/2" space in the entertainment center & cannot find anyone to repair this thing.
82corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:41 AM   #2

You know, someone posted a prob with the DVD a few months back. Maybe you could search under DVD. Sorry, it's late and don't have time to research for you. I'm guessing that those that are current members here who had the same prob will definitely post though. Good luck
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #3

I was at K-Mart or Wall-Mart 6 months ago and noticed they sell several sourrround sound systems. Different brands, different physical sizes and different options. Simply take the exact physical measurements of your current broken unit and remember the type / number of rear ports, then compare with their on display units. Many of them has great sound without the huge purchase price.

If wondering, our 2006 Jayco supplied sourround sound system broke as well. My disabled son did a destructive move on its front mounted CD / DVD tray. Was going to replace with simular sourround sound CD/DVD Player system but at last minute, we decided sourround sound within a small space TT is a "low proiority" to my family. Reduction of Physical Media (especially moving media) is much higher priority. Thus, we bought a Patriox Media Box / Media Server with option 500 GB internal hard disk intead. Now, we have hundreds and hundreds of movies, sound files without any physical media. Simply use a USB stick to copy the item (movie, pictures our song files from computer) to our Media Server player and "play away". Or, use optional wireless mode - if within wireless hub. For more details, surf:

Glad to replaced our broken sorround sound CD/DVD Player system with NO physical media Media Server Player. For such a little box, the Patriot Box Office system is amazing...

Hope this helps.....

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #4

Found a Jenson "factory" replacement on a different forum. re:

http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/jensen...tereo-333.html

With this URL, you can also try calling / emailing Jenson and ask if they have something that will replace your current broken 12V CD/DVD/Sourrround sounds system. I'm sure they sell other 12V models as well.. re: http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/products/dvd-players.html

Hope this helps...

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote