Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2014, 07:47 PM   #1

Fridge turns off and on

2006 31SS GreyHawk e450 (10 mpg !!!) 6k miles! Just purchased 3 weeks ago and have taken it out twice already. Love it. While watching TV, I notice all the lights will go out on the fridge when plugged into shore power. It is usually set to Auto, and the propane is full and on. I open the fridge and notice the water droplets on the fins in the back and the food is less cool. Wait about 10-15 minutes and it comes back on, and set to Auto/AC. This will happen periodically through-out the day. Fridge is a Norcold N821. Read the manual, no help. Press all the buttons in various fashion, no good. Just have to wait. Every now and then, you will get the code A and F on the display which are for the propane ignitor. This is only for running on propane.
Any ideas?
Dnedwards98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #2

I was reading online ask.com about the norcold n821 they were saying that the a code meant not igniteing and f code meant not detecting cold also they were saying there is an adjustment dial on the back of fridge do not know if there correct but i hope some of this leads you in the right direction
2006 JAYCO JAY FEATHER 23B EXP
EQUILIZER HITCH
Kellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:40 AM   #3

I had similar problems with a refrigerator in one of my campers. Had it to the dealer at least three times and all three times was told that the repairs were made. I finally told them to replace the electronic board and I would be willing to pay for it. Since it was still under warranty, the dealer finally replaced the board. Problem solved! Never had another problem with that unit. My dealer told me that replacing the board is the last resort because it is the most expensive repair. I was also told by a Dometic technician, that the electronic board is usually the cause of most problems other than faulty burners. And yet, the board is the last thing they will replace. Go figure.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:41 PM   #4

Wow. How much was the board? I may opt for a new fridge.
Dnedwards98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #5

Don't know the cost. Dealer finally installed it under warranty. I was guessing about $100 but may have been way off.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold, refrigerator