Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by smstech50 View Post
Where did you find a phone number to call Furrion??? Nothing in TV instruct. Said to call agency we purchased from.... Why on earth does Jayco put this crap in a RV??? Do they really think putting junk in a $64000 5ver or TT is not going to get a storm of unhappy customers!!! Someone should loose their job!!
https://www.furrion.com/support/contact-us.html
Old 04-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #82

Quote:
Where did you find a phone number to call Furrion??? Nothing in TV instruct. Said to call agency we purchased from.... Why on earth does Jayco put this crap in a RV??? Do they really think putting junk in a $64000 5ver or TT is not going to get a storm of unhappy customers!!! Someone should loose their job!!
I'm assuming they think more people don't care, however I'd love for there to be an option of NOT including TV's/stereo head unit and just run all the wires and speakers for the surround sound (or give us an upgrade system for something of quality).
Beach Cart XL
GlampinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #83

Is the point of the Furrion DV1200 and other style AM/FM/CD/DVD/BT head units to save space and have the ability to play off battery?

There has to be a better option to run your surround sound, play DVD's and music by CD/AM/FM/Bluetooth
Beach Cart XL
Old 04-17-2017, 12:20 PM   #84

thank you I sent an email also contacted my rv dealer!
smstech50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlampinLife View Post
I'm assuming they think more people don't care, however I'd love for there to be an option of NOT including TV's/stereo head unit and just run all the wires and speakers for the surround sound (or give us an upgrade system for something of quality).
Those were my words exactly to my salesman!!! Been saying that about a better mattress too!!
smstech50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #86

Quote:
Those were my words exactly to my salesman!!! Been saying that about a better mattress too!!
I'm kind of at a loss of why a manufacturer wouldn't do this since a lot of times we order a new unit before it's even built. If they don't want to offer different upgrade packages, that's fine but give us an option to NOT install the junk TV's.

I'm headed to Best Buy this week to buy the new TV's, wouldn't mind upgrading the audio/video equipment at the same time.
Beach Cart XL
Old 04-17-2017, 01:42 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlampinLife View Post
Is the point of the Furrion DV1200 and other style AM/FM/CD/DVD/BT head units to save space and have the ability to play off battery?

There has to be a better option to run your surround sound, play DVD's and music by CD/AM/FM/Bluetooth
I had no luck finding a head unit replacement. I was looking for something that would have AM/FM,CD, bluray, Blue tooth with HDMI out. Other than the Jenson and Furrion units, I couldn't find much. My next step is a chat session with crutchfield.com.

If Sony or Pioneer released a replacement unit, they'd clean up!
Old 05-13-2017, 04:58 PM   #88

2017 Jayco Eagke Ht 28.5rsts came equipped w Furrion DV 1200. Works very well, as does the FurrionTV. Three separate speaker zones-living room, bedroom, .outdoors. All are clear and seem to be decent quality speakers-unlike thise i had in my Keystone Cougar that crackled with distortion even at low volumes. I dont over do it w loudness using tv or stereo-not wanting to replace them. All in all good unit! Happy with it, in spite of so much anti-Furrion web chatter. However, the unit doesnt seem to recognize my 32 gb usb music input. I wonder if i should switch to a 16 or even an 8gb for the Camper. No biggie...
Roy Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:07 PM   #89

Does the furion tv have a USB port to connect a fire stick?
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:43 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studiovette View Post
I believe that Fire Sticks utilize HDMI, not USB. Unless there's an older version using USB, that I don't know about. Then you're just shy a WiFi, or hotspot connection.

Good thread guys, thanks. We pick up a 26BH tomorrow, with the supposed quality Furrion equipment. I'm hoping my gear will be an exception, but it's nice to hear that people have had some success with replacement support/upgrades.
Kal El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:44 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal El View Post
I believe that Fire Sticks utilize HDMI, not USB. Unless there's an older version using USB, that I don't know about. Then you're just shy a WiFi, or hotspot connection.

Good thread guys, thanks. We pick up a 26BH tomorrow, with the supposed quality Furrion equipment. I'm hoping my gear will be an exception, but it's nice to hear that people have had some success with replacement support/upgrades.
Haha hdmi, that's what I meant sorry.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:27 AM   #92

Anyone know how to replace the HDMI cable. The end of the HDMI cable that connects to the TV is bent and needs to be replaced. Do i need to pull the Furrion unit if so how do I do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:40 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko View Post
Anyone know how to replace the HDMI cable. The end of the HDMI cable that connects to the TV is bent and needs to be replaced. Do i need to pull the Furrion unit if so how do I do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good Morning
Yes you will have to disconnect HDMI from back of Entertainment center. That is easy first there is a black bezel around the outside of the front of the Entertainment center pop that off by putting a flat screw driver in the corner it will come off once it’s off you see 4 Philips screws holding the unit to the wall. Pull the unit out replace the old HDMI cable with the new one. That’s all that to it.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:13 AM   #94

Rodro123 thanks for the quick response. I will give a shot. Do you know what that HDMI cable controls?

Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:35 AM   #95

Quote:
It may depend on the model of Furion you have but looking on the Furion web site, checking a few of them, they all had 1 USB port.

Televisions - Furrion
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:09 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko View Post
Rodro123 thanks for the quick response. I will give a shot. Do you know what that HDMI cable controls?

The HDMI sends the DVD video and sound to the television. It also links the TV to the Furrion system (some kind of Furrion protocol) if the TV is Furrion also.
You can also push the sound to the trailer speakers.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:32 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
The HDMI sends the DVD video and sound to the television. It also links the TV to the Furrion system (some kind of Furrion protocol) if the TV is Furrion also.

Any idea if the furion tv has more than 1 hdmi connection, I am picking my unit up tomorrow and going straight to a campground and wanted to make sure I have the right adapters to be able to connect a firestick and watch tv/DVD without having to disconnect hdmi cable.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #98

Quote:
Any idea if the furion tv has more than 1 hdmi connection, I am picking my unit up tomorrow and going straight to a campground and wanted to make sure I have the right adapters to be able to connect a firestick and watch tv/DVD without having to disconnect hdmi cable.
I'm not at my rig, but I think the 39" furrion has 3 ports.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
This is not a feature exclusive to Furrion but is a feature called ARC which stands for audio return channel.
(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoGriff View Post
This is not a feature exclusive to Furrion but is a feature called ARC which stands for audio return channel.
ARC allows the signal to return to the AV system from the television. Regular HDMI is 1 way being that the signal can only go from the source (DVD player, cable box,etc) to the television. ARC allows signals from the TV (smart apps like Netflix) to return the signal to the AV system.

What I was talking about was Furrion SmartLink. It's a CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) is an HDMI feature that allows you to command and control other CEC enabled devices that are connected through HDMI, without user intervention. I forget the specifics, but i recall popping in a dvd and it automatically changed the TV input to the correct setting. (from cable to the DVD player).