Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2017, 04:34 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studiovette View Post
Any idea if the furion tv has more than 1 hdmi connection, I am picking my unit up tomorrow and going straight to a campground and wanted to make sure I have the right adapters to be able to connect a firestick and watch tv/DVD without having to disconnect hdmi cable.

I have a Fire Stick hooked to my 39" Furion. Has hdmi and USB for power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #102

Quote:
Any idea if the furion tv has more than 1 hdmi connection, I am picking my unit up tomorrow and going straight to a campground and wanted to make sure I have the right adapters to be able to connect a firestick and watch tv/DVD without having to disconnect hdmi cable.
Find your info here https://www.furrion.com/store/audiovisual/televisions/
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #103

The Furrion DV3200 in my (less than a year old) 29RKS "failed" a month ago. Furrion advised that any warranty replacement had to go through Jayco. My selling dealer let me remove the failed unit and exchange it for a replacement. If the replacement unit also fails, I will be looking for a different audio system. I'm not very impressed with the quality of Furrion electronics. (I have already replaced the Furrion TV with a Vizio)
Old 06-05-2017, 07:07 PM   #104

I'm on my second furrion head unit also. Mine died less than a month old last year.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:20 AM   #105

Quote:

Check this out. 3 sources in, 1 out with ability to choose which input.

https://smile.amazon.com/Fosmon-Moun...ti+output+hdmi
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
ARC allows the signal to return to the AV system from the television. Regular HDMI is 1 way being that the signal can only go from the source (DVD player, cable box,etc) to the television. ARC allows signals from the TV (smart apps like Netflix) to return the signal to the AV system.

What I was talking about was Furrion SmartLink. It's a CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) is an HDMI feature that allows you to command and control other CEC enabled devices that are connected through HDMI, without user intervention. I forget the specifics, but i recall popping in a dvd and it automatically changed the TV input to the correct setting. (from cable to the DVD player).
Ahh, you didn't mention the changing of the input, I thought you were just referring to the ability of the tv to send the audio to the receiver/dvd player through the HDMI so it could be played over the camper's speakers.
(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #107

Furrion TV and DV1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoGriff View Post
Ahh, you didn't mention the changing of the input, I thought you were just referring to the ability of the tv to send the audio to the receiver/dvd player through the HDMI so it could be played over the camper's speakers.

Actually, I'm not sure my furrion tv has ARC capability. I haven't looked at it for a while but think Jayco connected RCA cables to the 'audio out' of the TV to the receiver. I'll have to take another look this weekend when I get to the camp.

You would think by now that ARC would be the standard on all hdmi ports. On my new Sony 4K TV, only one hdmi port out of 4 support ARC.. don't ask me how I found that out!! I think the neighbors heard me trying to figure it out! Lol!

Old 06-06-2017, 02:20 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
Actually, I'm not sure my furrion tv has ARC capability. I haven't looked at it for a while but think Jayco connected RCA cables to the 'audio out' of the TV to the receiver. I'll have to take another look this weekend when I get to the camp.

You would think by now that ARC would be the standard on all hdmi ports. On my new Sony 4K TV, only one hdmi port out of 4 support ARC.. don't ask me how I found that out!! I think the neighbors heard me trying to figure it out! Lol!

My tv has the hdmi labeled as ARC. Also, my receiver has ARC as a selectable input.
(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:42 AM   #109

I realize this thread is a little old but I'll share my Furrion experience.

We just brought home a 2018 23BHM. It has the Furrion DV3300 head unit and we ordered it with a Furrion TV. I can't say the TV has been a huge mistake but in retrospect I would have ordered without and gone for something else.

As for the DV3300 it's, well, it's not good. Straight out of the box the first time we used it several features didn't work. I can set the hours on the clock but not the minutes; discs load maybe one out of five tries; Bluetooth won't connect with any of our family's devices; and Smartlink is just a complete pain in the @ss. It's an unnecessary feature that turns on the TV every time a disc is loaded, even if that disc is an audio CD, which is a redundancy because the head unit's display shows the CD information (tracks, etc.) just like every $39 Wal Mart CD player you've had since back in the 80"s. So why Furrion thinks it should turn on the bright blue screen of the TV to show the same information you are seeing on the DV3300 display is beyond me. The kicker comes when playback begins - the audio CD plays through the TV! Not good.

I have subsequently learned from Furrion (great customer support, by the way) that the only way to disable Smartlink is to disconnect the HDMI cable and use RCA connectors. So, they use a modern technology like HDMI but on a prehistoric unit that can't differentiate between a disc with audio only and one with both audio and video. Now when you think about it if you want to play a DVD you are holding the TV remote in your hot little hand because you are going to eventually have to push OK to "play the movie". What's difficult about pressing the power button first? Smartlink doesn't do anything you can't do with the remote and it's obtrusive ("here, let me turn on that TV for you Hon"..."but I don't want the TV on!").

So you can have a unit that costs $300, does not play Blu Ray discs, puts out 10 dirty watts/channel, can't tell the difference between a compact disc and a DVD, and looks like something out of the early 1990's, or you can swap it out for a small home Blu Ray player and a nice car receiver for about a hundred dollars less. The only downside is you'll have to modify the opening Jayco cut in your cabinet to fit the Furrion piece of crap in the first place.

/end of rant
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #110

What annoys me is that there isn't an alternative option out there to replace the DV1200 that came with my 2016 Seismic Wave.

I think at this point I'm going to pull it out, cover the hole and replace it with a true surround sound receiver to power the speakers, buy a real sub and buy a DVD player.

My other pet peeve and maybe this is my ignorance, is having to use a cord to connect from the TV to the Audio In on the face of the DV1200 to have surround sound when just watching TV/Cable.
Beach Cart XL
GlampinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #111

You do not have to do that. U should have audio wires from the back of the 1200 Ran to the back bottom of the TV. I found my wires laying behind the tv on the floor chopped in half. It seems they were ran under the gear track that raises my tv and ripped out from bottom of tv and cut in half first time I raised it.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
You do not have to do that. U should have audio wires from the back of the 1200 Ran to the back bottom of the TV. I found my wires laying behind the tv on the floor chopped in half. It seems they were ran under the gear track that raises my tv and ripped out from bottom of tv and cut in half first time I raised it.
Rock
Only thing I have running from the back of the DV1200 is a HDMI cable
Beach Cart XL
Old 08-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlampinLife View Post
My other pet peeve and maybe this is my ignorance, is having to use a cord to connect from the TV to the Audio In on the face of the DV1200 to have surround sound when just watching TV/Cable.
This is a function of the TV and the DV1200. The DV1200 sends the video up the HDMI to the TV and the audio out to the speakers when you're playing a movie. However when the signal is coming directly to the TV, as in a cable or satellite hook-up, both audio and video signals stay in the TV, UNLESS the TV and the 1200 have a feature called ARC (Audio Return Channel). TV's with ARC send the cable/satellite audio signal back down the HDMI to the DV1200 and keep the video signal, and the DV1200 receives the audio and pushes it out to the speakers. Newer HDMI cables are two-way streets but old-school video players are only capable of sending signals out through the HDMI and old-school TV's are only capable of receiving signals in from the HDMI. ARC changes that. If you look at the back of your TV there will be an HDMI port labeled ARC if the TV is capable of it. I don't know if a DV1200 has ARC (I have a DV3300 and it does have ARC) but if your TV has the ARC port it can't hurt to plug the HDMI into it and give it a try. Otherwise you'll just have to stick with the RCA cables going the audio out/audio in route. Another thing you might have a look at is pulling the DV1200 out of the wall and looking at the rear connections - there might be an "audio in" back there, in which case you could connect your RCA's behind the unit and leave them connected. Just a thought.

ARC has a limitation in that it can't carry Blu Ray, which is probably the reason Furrion AV receivers don't support Blu Ray playback. If I were smart I would buy a Sony Blu Ray player and a soundbar with ARC and connect the three so that both movies and TV signals would play through the soundbar.

Hope this helps.
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #114

Thank you, that is fantastic information! I'll be fiddling with it this weekend and will report back. The TV I now have in the family room hooked up to the DV1200 DOES have an HDMI with ARC - so I'll make sure it's plugged into that port. If no sound, I'll pull the DV1200 and look at the ports it has.
Beach Cart XL
Old 08-08-2017, 03:51 PM   #115

Ya that was great info. Mine also has the hdmi port labeled arc. (Never had a clue what that meant) I am at a park using cable in for tv and just moved the hdmi to the arc port and turned on 1200 to aux in for overhead speaker. Will only play speakers with the two audio wires plugged into tv. Like u said will probably only work on tv if a cable box is used with an Hmdi cable.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #116

So it seems unles the audio cables are plugged in to the tv the 1200 will not let sound play out of overhead speakers.
Rock
Old 08-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #117

Well, so far the only thing I don't like about the Furrion is they don't play blu ray.

Rarely use the overhead speakers with the TV. If I wanted good sound I'd get a nice surround sound system and not bother with the stock speakers.

A benefit to the Furrion is the head unit is 12V so you can still have music when not on shore power.

And the bluetooth works fine with our phones.

No, the TV is not a high def like new ones, but, is adequate for us casual TV watchers.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:22 PM   #118

First, it was my LR tv having a severe case of red crush and was replaced with a Samsung under warranty. Now, the DV1200 has literally LOST IT'S MIND!!!!!

We have only used it 2-3 times in the 10 months we have had it to stream music via Bluetooth from our smart phone to the outside speakers and never had an issue doing so. Didn't sound that great, but it was better than the smartphone speaker. We have never used it for anything else in almost a year since we got our trailer.

So last Saturday, we were heading up north for a week of relaxation where we have the trailer setup at our brother's and I called a day early and asked him to connect the shore power to get the fridge cooled before we arrived. When he hooked everything up, he said it sounded like a jet plane taking off! At first I thought the inverter was going nuts, but he said he turned the battery cutoff swtich off and the sound quit. However, when we arrived the next day, and without my brother doing anything, we heard what he was talking about. Out of the blue, as we approached the trailer, it sounded like a jet! I opened the front pass thru and it wasn't the inverter, so I approached the door and immediately heard extremely loud static coming from the outdoor speakers. We are absolutely sure we didn't leave the unit on when we locked up after our last visit a few weeks back and just couldn't believe the DV1200 decided to turn itself on, select the AM band, enable not just the outside speaker, but those in the BR and LR as well, and at a volume level we had never used before!

At first, I thought it was my brother gaslighting us, but given that he is about as technically challenged as they come, and given that I have tried to turn it off dozens of times now but it always seems to find a way to turn itself on all by itself, I have ruled that out.

Luckily, I have been able to turn the volume all the way down now so when it does turn on, we don't hear anything. And all the other buttons appear to work just fine and don't appear to be sticking at all, but it continues to refuse to stay turned off. The other thing I have noticed is that when left alone long enough, the display starts flipping between the radio and then displays "load" with the USB icon showing like it's expecting me to insert a USB drive with either music or video on it.

IT'S POSSESSED I TELL YA!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2017, 03:05 PM   #119

We are around a different type of fifth wheel before. Even though it was smaller and less expensive it have a much better TV and audio system I have found that the Furion does not allow you to connect your mobile phone with a FireWire to stream movies. Had I known this I might not have bought this unit at all. Even though the TV picture is good, the sound system is not.
klcranage is offline   Reply With Quote