Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2016, 07:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycomaggie View Post
Just got our 2016 Jayco 26BH home from the dealer which is 80 miles from my house! First trailer and am now sad thinking that they did not go over things with us as they should have.
We have the DV1200 and our speakers are only working inside and not outside. I tried to change the zones using the A B C buttons but nothing works
I emailed the dealer but no response.
Anyone else with this problem have a solution?
Furrion brand as other people have stated is a piece of junk, we all paid for when we bought our trailers, quality and reliability don't exist in those units, I found out that my trailer came with a defective unit and had been replaced by the dealer before the PDI date. If you don't plan to upgrade continue to call the dealer(salesperson) to report your issues otherwise go ahead and upgrade yourself and you will more than happy with your choice.
windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Just got our 2016 Jayco 26BH home from the dealer which is 80 miles from my house! First trailer and am now sad thinking that they did not go over things with us as they should have.
We have the DV1200 and our speakers are only working inside and not outside. I tried to change the zones using the A B C buttons but nothing works
Hi Jaycomaggie, I was just wondering where your dealer is located.
80 miles from your house puts you right about my area. (See my location)
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Luckily, I caught the same issue with mine during PDI. They removed the plastic trim around the outside edge of the unit, which in turn exposed screws holding the unit in the cabinet. They unscrewed it and pulled out the unit slightly and pushed the wires in, which fixed the problem. I wouldn't hesitate to do this myself if I have problems with it in the future.

Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofan View Post
Our Furrion DV1200 dvd player was inoperative on our White Hawk 27dslr on her maiden voyage. Wouldn't load a disc.of any type.
No TV/cell/internet connection at the remote campground we were in. Not having a dvd meant just AM/FM radio for the week.
Now the dealer wants me to drag the trailer to the shop 25+ miles one way from home to verify its inoperative, only to order a new replacement stereo, then drag it back for them to replace it!
I had the exact same issue, but luckily my dealer is only about 10 miles away
Gidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:37 AM   #25

Quote:

Did you try the front to rear speaker fade? Mine is set up with rear fade to the outside speakers.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:32 PM   #26

I just picked up a 355MBQS in Des Moines and brought it back to Austin. This unit comes with the furrion tv, dvd and speaker system.
Already replaced the speakers with alpine marine grade, Bose sound bar and will be replacing the tv with Samsung smart tv.
Gcambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #27

We just got our 2016 23MRB. The television and stereo seem to work fine but we have issues with the DVD player. Sound from the DVD plays over the stereo but there is no picture on the television. I've been through all the source settings, checked the cable connections and did a reset on the unit. Still no picture. Not thrilled with the DV1200 so far.
Fishhead990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #28

Our Furrion TV lasted 3 weeks. On the first trip the sound started to come and go by itself. It already had issues like the channel scan picking up and storing non-channels from over the air broadcasts (just static), channel scans lasting more than 40 minutes for cable, very slow channel changing, and a crappy little remote.

Jayco would have replaced it, but I just went and got a 32" Samsung Smart TV for 199.00 dollars. Now we have full internet on the TV.

That being said, the Furrion WOULD make a GREAT canoe anchor!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead990 View Post
We just got our 2016 23MRB. The television and stereo seem to work fine but we have issues with the DVD player. Sound from the DVD plays over the stereo but there is no picture on the television. I've been through all the source settings, checked the cable connections and did a reset on the unit. Still no picture. Not thrilled with the DV1200 so far.
Congratulations on the new White Hawk and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #30

Thanks oldmanAZ,
Other than the Furrion system we're thrilled with it.
Fishhead990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #31

To the OP. What kind of cables are connecting the DVD player to the TV. I have a 16 Melbourne with the same brand tv. The cables from the head unit and the tv are RCA type maybe component. Need to dig out the manual from the head unit to see if it has HDMI output.
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #32

My DV1200 just lost the lcd display. Everything still works just no display which now I have no way to set stuff up. I called Furrion direct. They asked for my FW vin and r sending me one to my house for swap out. Leaving end of May for two dry camping and need the unit to work. There customer service was great.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:42 AM   #33

My Furrion works great! The 'air' scam picked up 16 channels which I was pleased with. The picture is pretty good IMO. The DV1200 works fine also. Both speaker zones work fine, the blu tooth feature was working as well. The only thing I haven't tried is the DVD. I forgot to bring one. I'm hoping it'll be fine.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:44 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
My DV1200 just lost the lcd display. Everything still works just no display which now I have no way to set stuff up. I called Furrion direct. They asked for my FW vin and r sending me one to my house for swap out. Leaving end of May for two dry camping and need the unit to work. There customer service was great.
Rock
Hey Rock, how long have you had it before it crapped out on you? It's good to hear Furrion is stepping up and doing the right thing w/o a hassle.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:35 PM   #35

Got my FW in Nov but the dealer had it over three months. Probably has about 30 hrs of on time. The customer service girl said that was the first LCD display that went bad that she has dealt with. She was going to see if any others have dealt with that problem. On my mountain property where I dry camp there is no tv reception or cell service. Water comes from the river and I installed septic. Evenings run generator to charge batteries and will watch a DVD I have a dish satellite but reception is hard with all the trees. That is why the TV and DVR must work. My TT had a Jenson system and no problems with it at all. This will be first time with my FW.
Rock.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:54 AM   #36

Maybe I should have read this forum a day sooner...

So...I just ordered the Furrion DV1200 from Camping World ($279) for my 2013 Pinnacle 36REQS. I bought my 5'er used and the entertainment system it came with Estone EX8500 DVD, which is pretty cheap, underpowered, and doesn't have any of the newer features I wanted (e.g. HDMI, bluetooth, front A/V, etc.). I looked all over the Internet and this model was the only one that had three speaker zones, separate subwoofer output, and all the latest technologies (minus the mobile app support but really...do I want to be messing around with a phone when I'm supposed to be camping?!)

Based upon all the feedback on this thread, maybe I made the wrong decision here? Its ordered and shipped so I'll let ya'll know how it turns out after I install it in a couple weeks. (I'm also installing a separate subwoofer too!)

Happy trails...
WhiteNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:54 PM   #37

Not to burst your bubble, but that would be the last unit I would buy. The only reason I have one is because it's already there.

The Bluetooth is kind of handy though for music. Making Bluetooth phone calls is sort of a novelty though.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:49 PM   #38

Do you want an easy upgrade to the Furrion in your Jayco

Hi Fellow Jayco Owners
If your Furrion receiver isn't broken and you want an upgrade and a few fixes for the Furrion DVR1200 read on.

I have a 2016 Northpoint 341RLTS and agree the base sound system is not for an audiofile but it can upgraded with a couple of additions. 1) The DV1200 has a "Sub Out" RCA jack on the back of the unit and if you are like me you likely will have 120V to your RV whenever you are dry camping or in a park. Buy a home subwoofer such as a Klipsch, Polk or JBL with around 200 watts and plug it into 120V and plug the other end of the RCA cable to the LFE on the sub. I found a near new Klipsch SW-10 on Craigslist for $140.00 and wow did it improve the overall music and movie experience. You won't be disappointed. 2) There is another connector on the back of the receiver for an optical cable. Walmart has one for $25.00 12 ft in length. Plug it into the receiver and then run it to a "NEW" Samsung 48"1080P TV instead of the Furrion TV it comes with. $399.00 at Costco. 3) Add a Samsung Blu Ray disc player (Bestbuy for $70.00) and run a HDMI cable (one was provided with the the receiver and FurrionTV) from the Blu Ray player to the new Samsung TV. Much improved over the DVD player in the DV1200.
Bam!
Fergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:05 PM   #39

Fergy, does that 48" Samsung fit into the hole?
Old 08-19-2016, 07:14 AM   #40

Samsung 48"

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Fergy, does that 48" Samsung fit into the hole?
It fits but has a tendency to rub a little.. I'd rather deal with a little rubbing than deal with the lack of decent speaker output from the Furrion TV. I'll have one on my carpenters pull the trim cap off shave some of the material and reinstall the trim.
If my 5er didn't come with the DV1200 I would have purchased a small Denon home receiver (110v) for under $200 , reworked the panel in the cabinet and connected the outside speakers to Zone B of Denon and not utilized the speakers in the bedroom. We have a Bose system for that. Probably do the Denon down the road someday when the DV1200 fails. I will already have the sub and a good TV.
It's amazing what the addition of the subwoofer did to the sound of the DV1200
Fergy is offline   Reply With Quote