Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2016, 05:13 PM   #1

Furrion TV and DV1200

Hi folks,
I'm curious as to the satisfaction level of the Furrion DV1200 A/V system and TV's that comes with the 2016 JayFlight TT's.

I'd like to hear feedback as far as regular DVD playback quality (I realize it's not blu ray) is concerned. I'd also be interested in hearing folks opinions on the Furrion interior/exterior speakers that are installed in the Jayco's.

I've read a few negatives regarding the 'over the air' channel search feature of the Furrion tv's. I'm not to concerned with OTA as I plan on using satellite, cable or a streaming device for programming.
What about the picture quality on the TV via satellite, cable or the included Furrion DVD player? Do folks find it satisfactory?

I was also interested in hearing thought regarding the Furrion "smartlink" feature that allows interoperability between the audio system and the tv?
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:27 AM   #2

Personally I would delete the sound system if ordering a new RV. Manufactures always buy from the lowest bidder. If you want good sound a car audio system with a residential TV blu ray sound bar etc.
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #3

I don't know that you can delete the audio system. It's standard on the jay flights. If I decide to upgrade the system at some point, at least the wiring is done. Perhaps you could delete it, but I don't think they'd knock any money off.

The TV is an option. It supposedly is designed for road travel and uses anti corrosive parts. It's rated as an 'outdoors' television. I can always upgrade if I don't like it. TV's are cheap enough.

I'd still like to hear thoughts from owners of the Furrion products.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:33 AM   #4

Our first impression on our new 2016 27 RLS we just bought is that the Furrion system put in these things are of very low quality, we had our trailer home for one day and within the first 4 hours of having the stereo on one speaker stopped working, the other is making a popping sound and the stereo is making a very load buzzing sound which means a trip to the dealership in the spring to get all this sorted out, if you put a cd in the stereo it will automatically turn your tv on which is a little of a pain, I did a quick check and removed the stereo to check for a bad connection and to my surprise the factory had left all the bags, twist ties and a bunch of other garbage in behind the stereo, now that's quality control for ya. Once I get this repaired by the dealer I have purchased a new set of JBL's to replace the speakers as they are just garbage, so far the tv has worked ok as we have not had a lot time to view it as the trailer was winterized shortly after we had got it home.
blane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #5

Blane can you post what type of speakers you bought to replace the ones you have in your TT as I got the same TT as you and I plan to do the same. Thanks.
windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:00 PM   #6

Sure thing I purchased a pair of JBL GT7-6 61/2", the grille's are black but that is no problem for myself I just may paint them white when I go to install them, the screw holes don't match the old pattern but the speakers fit very well in the ceiling cut out no problem and the grille's look like they will just cover the old holes as well, hope this helps.
blane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #7

Thanks blane.
windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #8

Looking back I wish I had deleted the TV option. I could have purchased a better tv for cheaper off of Amazon and used the savings to replace the head unit and speakers with higher quality compnents. That being said the Furrion components function OK.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:15 PM   #9

I'll most likely be keeping the Furrion television and A/V system at least through the warranty period unless it's complete junk and fails to operate properly. Depending on sound, I may upgrade the speakers sooner.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:43 PM   #10

Our Furrion DV1200 dvd player was inoperative on our White Hawk 27dslr on her maiden voyage. Wouldn't load a disc.of any type.
No TV/cell/internet connection at the remote campground we were in. Not having a dvd meant just AM/FM radio for the week.
Now the dealer wants me to drag the trailer to the shop 25+ miles one way from home to verify its inoperative, only to order a new replacement stereo, then drag it back for them to replace it!
Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofan View Post
Our Furrion DV1200 dvd player was inoperative on our White Hawk 27dslr on her maiden voyage. Wouldn't load a disc.of any type.
No TV/cell/internet connection at the remote campground we were in. Not having a dvd meant just AM/FM radio for the week.
Now the dealer wants me to drag the trailer to the shop 25+ miles one way from home to verify its inoperative, only to order a new replacement stereo, then drag it back for them to replace it!
I think you will find that a lot of us on this forum would be happy with only 25+ miles.
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebra View Post
I think you will find that a lot of us on this forum would be happy with only 25+ miles.
Mine is 45 miles away. I left it at the dealer about 6 weeks ago to get warranty repairs approved, have the parts shipped, and have them installed. Now waiting on the parts and installation.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:12 AM   #13

So just to confirm, my unit did infact arrive with the Furrion branded 39" TV and DV1200 A/V system. By the time I got to the dealer to see my new rig (the day after it arrived), they had taken the TV out of the box and mounted it. The DV1200 comes installed from the factory. I just did a quick walkthrough so I didn't tryout anything in the RV. I'll be going through it all at the PDI. I can't wait to try all this stuff out.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I'll most likely be keeping the Furrion television and A/V system at least through the warranty period unless it's complete junk and fails to operate properly. Depending on sound, I may upgrade the speakers sooner.
I feel the same way. No real complaints thus far so I will ride out the warranty period by simply adding a sound bar for now. Once the warranty expires, I plan to separate the interior and exterior completely. Automotive head unit and upgraded speakers for the outside tunes. Residential home theater component system for the inside.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #15

I have a 23RLSW on order. Didn't get the TV's as an option. In my previous 36' class A I replaced the old boat anchor TV with a 32" Vizio from Costco and never had a problem with it for 4 years B4 I sold it.

It went many miles through the USA.

On my Jayco I will buy TV's from Costco that cost less and better quality. I also plan to buy a separate quality Blue Ray DVD player and hook it up directly to the 1080P TV with a HDMI cable. May only be able to use the TV speakers but that's OK. We'll see how everything is wired and maybe adapt the audio as necessary.

I'm not sure what stereo unit will be in my TT when it arrives, but I will use that for AM/FM radio and music CD's. Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:12 AM   #16

I ordered the 39" Furrion only because I read that the components inside the TV are weatherproof (corrosion resistant). In hindsight, I probably should have just got my own TV. Too late now! I haven't tried the Furrion TV yet, so I'm anxious to see the picture quality.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:26 AM   #17

jloco, I'm sure it's a decent TV. I just figured I could get a better TV for less money on my own. Is the Furrion 720 or 1080P?

I don't plan on moving it from the inside to outside and back. Jayco wanted close to $487 for a 32" which is crazy. I'll take my chances, as I did with my class A MH.
Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #18

IMHO,

The Furrion is garbage... and way over priced!

I sold TV's, and as far as I know the boards are all the same... they are all vibration proof, and all solid state devices don't like moisture. The old CRT sets generated enough heat to keep themselves dry.

Our experience with the Furrion was that it had very poor sound, an average picture, the channel search picked up and stored stations that were so weak that they couldn't be viewed, and the remote was small, difficult to use, and counter-intuitive.

We replaced it with a 32" 1080P Samsung smart TV for 199.00, and added a Samsung Smart Blu-Ray player for 59.00. Now we can connect the TV to WiFi and use the internet on it.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:40 AM   #19

The CG has cable and wifi.. So viewing will be either cable, DVD or streaming. Sound will come from an external source.

The reviews I saw for the Furrion TV weren't too bad. Much better than the reviews of the Furrion A/V components. If I don't like the picture quality, I'll replace it.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #20

Outdoor Speakers

Just got our 2016 Jayco 26BH home from the dealer which is 80 miles from my house! First trailer and am now sad thinking that they did not go over things with us as they should have.
We have the DV1200 and our speakers are only working inside and not outside. I tried to change the zones using the A B C buttons but nothing works
I emailed the dealer but no response.
Anyone else with this problem have a solution?
Jaycomaggie is offline   Reply With Quote