Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2016, 05:13 PM   #1

Furrion TV and DV1200

Hi folks,
I'm curious as to the satisfaction level of the Furrion DV1200 A/V system and TV's that comes with the 2016 JayFlight TT's.

I'd like to hear feedback as far as regular DVD playback quality (I realize it's not blu ray) is concerned. I'd also be interested in hearing folks opinions on the Furrion interior/exterior speakers that are installed in the Jayco's.

I've read a few negatives regarding the 'over the air' channel search feature of the Furrion tv's. I'm not to concerned with OTA as I plan on using satellite, cable or a streaming device for programming.
What about the picture quality on the TV via satellite, cable or the included Furrion DVD player? Do folks find it satisfactory?

I was also interested in hearing thought regarding the Furrion "smartlink" feature that allows interoperability between the audio system and the tv?

jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:27 AM   #2

Personally I would delete the sound system if ordering a new RV. Manufactures always buy from the lowest bidder. If you want good sound a car audio system with a residential TV blu ray sound bar etc.

211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #3

I don't know that you can delete the audio system. It's standard on the jay flights. If I decide to upgrade the system at some point, at least the wiring is done. Perhaps you could delete it, but I don't think they'd knock any money off.

The TV is an option. It supposedly is designed for road travel and uses anti corrosive parts. It's rated as an 'outdoors' television. I can always upgrade if I don't like it. TV's are cheap enough.

I'd still like to hear thoughts from owners of the Furrion products.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:33 AM   #4

Our first impression on our new 2016 27 RLS we just bought is that the Furrion system put in these things are of very low quality, we had our trailer home for one day and within the first 4 hours of having the stereo on one speaker stopped working, the other is making a popping sound and the stereo is making a very load buzzing sound which means a trip to the dealership in the spring to get all this sorted out, if you put a cd in the stereo it will automatically turn your tv on which is a little of a pain, I did a quick check and removed the stereo to check for a bad connection and to my surprise the factory had left all the bags, twist ties and a bunch of other garbage in behind the stereo, now that's quality control for ya. Once I get this repaired by the dealer I have purchased a new set of JBL's to replace the speakers as they are just garbage, so far the tv has worked ok as we have not had a lot time to view it as the trailer was winterized shortly after we had got it home.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #5

Blane can you post what type of speakers you bought to replace the ones you have in your TT as I got the same TT as you and I plan to do the same. Thanks.
windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:00 PM   #6

Sure thing I purchased a pair of JBL GT7-6 61/2", the grille's are black but that is no problem for myself I just may paint them white when I go to install them, the screw holes don't match the old pattern but the speakers fit very well in the ceiling cut out no problem and the grille's look like they will just cover the old holes as well, hope this helps.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #7

Thanks blane.
windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #8

Looking back I wish I had deleted the TV option. I could have purchased a better tv for cheaper off of Amazon and used the savings to replace the head unit and speakers with higher quality compnents. That being said the Furrion components function OK.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:15 PM   #9

I'll most likely be keeping the Furrion television and A/V system at least through the warranty period unless it's complete junk and fails to operate properly. Depending on sound, I may upgrade the speakers sooner.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:43 PM   #10

Our Furrion DV1200 dvd player was inoperative on our White Hawk 27dslr on her maiden voyage. Wouldn't load a disc.of any type.
No TV/cell/internet connection at the remote campground we were in. Not having a dvd meant just AM/FM radio for the week.
Now the dealer wants me to drag the trailer to the shop 25+ miles one way from home to verify its inoperative, only to order a new replacement stereo, then drag it back for them to replace it!

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote