Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald
Could you share how to bench test a heat pump?
This guy was quite helpful and seemed to know his stuff, said he had been in the biz over 30 years (I am a mechanical engineer BTW). He suggested:
1. Set up camper when at least over 75F. (I plan to use my 30 Amp dryer outlet)
2. Use a thermometer to measure Temp in the camper.
3. Turn on AC for a few minutes.
4. Measure Temp of air coming out of AC vents.
5. The air coming out of AC (acutally heat pump) vents should be 15-20 degrees colder than initial camper temp. As camper cools, the delta T, or change in temp should be consistently 15-20 degrees colder than the camper temp.
He said if the delta T is not at least 15F, then to come see him, or he makes house calls.
I plan to do this next week, when my spouse is around to witness the test.