Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2016, 09:29 PM   #1

Ideas For Second Satellite Line into Bedroom

So we had our satellite hooked up today in the trailer. Dish on a tripod. One line is hooked right into the input on the back of the trailer (Whitehawk DSRL) and runs to a receiver for the TV in the living area. Works great.

The second line, for now, is running up through the window of the bedroom to use with the receiver there. Has anyone tried putting a second "satellite in" location near their bedroom? Or does anyone have any ideas short of running it through the bedroom window?

Thanks!
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:38 AM   #2

I'm not familiar with your model or where the TV is located with respect to exterior walls and interior access. I added a dedicated Satellite jack on my 5th a while back <clickie> and in essence I have what you are looking to accomplish and that is 2 satellite cable runs to separate areas of the camper.

I only use one receiver however, and use an wireless HDMI extender to feed the same channel into the bedroom TV
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #3

See other active thread on Sat connections. I ran another input thru the wall that came in under the bathroom lavatory and then up the interior wall where the existing TT coax termanal plate was. I replaced that with a dual connector plate [same size]. I can now connect a 2nd input directly to the bedroom. Very clean professional look and total cost for the new plate and thru the wall [same as the OEM connector] was less than $20.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
See other active thread on Sat connections. I ran another input thru the wall that came in under the bathroom lavatory and then up the interior wall where the existing TT coax termanal plate was. I replaced that with a dual connector plate [same size]. I can now connect a 2nd input directly to the bedroom. Very clean professional look and total cost for the new plate and thru the wall [same as the OEM connector] was less than $20.
X2 - did something very similar with mine. New outside jack into plumbing wall cavity between shower and bedroom. Change single coax plate to double plate. Split the signal outside the coach. Done.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote