Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #1

Ignition lockout fault atwood furnace

I'm wondering if any of you have had this problem, and if so what did you do to fix it? While out...in cooler weather, I turned on my furnace. The blower came on, but after three attempts to ignite three blinks of the furnace led was all I had going for me. Three blinks was an ignition lockout fault. I didn't get it to work till I got home. Luckily for me I remedied the problem before needing a furnace tech to look at it.
3firetrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #2

What did you do to fix it?

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #3

I got some information from other forums after doing an internet search of my problem. I pulled all the electronic leads to check for corrosion. Then I figured out that I wasn't getting enough pressure from my LP tanks to work with the furnace. I was opening the valve too quickly. Everything else worked. Stove, hot water tank and fridge. Once I was able to get enough pressure from the tank into the system the furnace worked perfectly. Its too bad I wasn't able to get it figured out while I was camping.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #4

I had the same problem again this year. So I had my propane system and furnace checked. I was told my control board was bad and for $200 for the board, plus $50 installation I would have it working again. Instead of having the shop put it in. I purchased a new board online for $120 and installed it myself in about 10 minutes. Furnace works great now. Used the trailer last weekend and used the furnace for the morning. Hopefully it will still be working next spring.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:59 AM   #5

Be glad you had an access door to your furnace. We had the same problem from the factory, bad control board. However, there was no access to the furnace. Large hole had to be cut through basement storage wall to unhook furnace and pull it out. About a three hour job that should have taken 10 minutes if there had been an access door on the outside wall. Go figure!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:44 AM   #6

Fix for the 3 lights for me...

Well I really searched the internet for a fix for my atwood. I took out my 8525 atwood cause it made a lot of noise like blower motor going out found out it was broke fins on the fan cage. I replaced it and then re-installed everything. And got the 3 lights and clicking and then heard it ignite it just wouldn't stay lit for more than a few seconds. So I ripped it out about 5 more times and checking things I may have missed inspected board and wires. And found nothing. Well I stumbled upon a video on you tube saying cover up the exhaust vent and sometimes it fires up. Well I installed the exhaust back on mine and as I was getting ready to do that it ignited and stayed lit. So maybe it was to much wind and to much cold idk. I really hope this helps someone.
Coryjr is offline   Reply With Quote