Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2015, 06:40 PM   #11
Check the fuse. I had problems with my interior lights being dim and found that the blades on the fuse were corroded. Cleaning them with Scotchbrite solved the problem and was far less costly than a new battery. Before buying a new battery have it charged by a stand alone charger and checked.

2011 Skylark 21FKV
us71na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:45 AM   #12
I may be all wet on this one, but I'll toss in my thoughts, none the less.

Is it possible that you reversed the polarity when you hooked up the battery? Since the lights work on the 12V D.C. service (even when connected to 120V A.C.), the lights would work regardless of polarity when running off the battery. But when you plug into A.C., now your battery is being charged by the converter. If polarity is reversed, the converter wouldn't recharge the battery, and the lights would dim. The 120V A.C. items - like your outlets, television, microwave - would work fine. I'm certainly no electrical authority, so I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me. But it might be worth checking to make sure your black is connected to the + battery terminal, and the white is connected to the - terminal (like in your House, not like in your car/truck).

My apologies to the electronic gurus if I'm all wet here. I do know that electricity & "all wet" are NOT a good combination!

2013 Eagle 266RKS
2011 Ford F-150 w/3.5L Ecoboost & H.D. Tow Package
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:11 AM   #13
Originally Posted by bearcatfan50 View Post
All of my lights are very dim when plugged into a 30 amp. My A/C, Microwave and Radio are all working fine. Very confused. Checked all circuits breakers and they were fine. Going now to replace all fuses. Any help would be awesome.
I had a similar issue with my '14 JayFlight 26BH. My lights went dim while we were camping for a week. I still had warranty coverage and I talked to a service tech and he supposed it was grounding. He told me to run a charger on the battery for the rest of the week. I took it in and sure enough, from the wire from inverter to the chassis, there was a screw broke off.

DirtyBurger2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote