Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
We have a Progressive Industries EMS PT50C portable. Completely protects you from just about anything that can go wrong, short of a direct lightning hit. Peace of mind is priceless. We even hook it up when parked at home, just to be sure. Technical help from the manufacturer couldn't be better. And our insurance company (State Farm) has assured us that, as long as the unit is used solely on our 5er camper, it is covered against theft.

2003 Ford F-350 V-10 Crew Cab 4WD Long Bed
2004 Jayco Designer Medallion 29 RLTS 5th wheel
Bill, Gayle, and Mindi (dachshund)
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:06 AM   #12
I have the EMS PT50C also and also use it at my home base. Even with reliable utility power and without old campground wiring, my EMS has shut down my power a couple of times in the past two years.

It is definitely peace of mind. I always know when the power has been off since my microwave clock is off. Then I can go look at my PT50C to see why it was off. Of course if the power went off completely from the utility there will be no indication of the fault.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote