Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #1

Jayco Frames

I recall a while back discussion and concerns that Jayco was going to have a different supplier for all/some of its frames and that the quality of the supplier's frames were in question. As we are interested in upgrading within the Jayco line, I'm wondering if those initial concerns have been justified or not.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #2

Jayco used Leland Frames for quite sometime.

Dexter Chassis Group bought Leland's frame business and Jayco continued to use them.

Sometime mid 2011 Dexter's Frame / Chassis Group was bought by Lippert Industries

Lippert Components, a subsidiary of Drew Industries (DW), a supplier of components for recreational vehicles (RV), has acquired the towable RV chassis and slide-out mechanism operation previously owned by Dexter Chassis Group from EA Technologies for $13.5m.

Lippert Industries builds frames for many RVs on the market today, even high end 5er's like DRV's Mobile Suites and Elite Suites.

They build to the Customer's specification's, lets hope Jayco has their specification's right and is monitoring the quality from Lippert.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #3

I remember reading about that as well. I know that other builders had issues with some frames but don't recall Jayco ever being one of them. A email to Jayco may confirm that Jayco hasn't changed it's specs. I would love to own a Jayco Sienna some day. Which model are you looking at?
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphie View Post
A email to Jayco may confirm that Jayco hasn't changed it's specs.
When I was in the market for a fifth wheel, in 2012, I was concerned about a Lippert frame on a new Jayco so I e-mailed them for information on what frame was being used for the model I was interested in. My e-mail went unanswered.
kiwaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphie View Post
I Which model are you looking at?
Pinnacle 34RLTS. But DW hasn't even seen it yet, and there are a couple of floor plan issues that I have. The price I've been quoted, with trade-in of my 2 year old 320RLDS, is quite a bit more than I paid this dealer for my Eagle without a trade, not to mention my current TV, love it as I do, may have to be replaced with a newer truck. More $$$. So the search will continue for the "perfect" choice. Our Eagle has been great for what we initially used it for, but now that we're snowbirding, we've begun to learn it lacks some features we want for a semi-full time rig.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #6

We were owners of a Montana 5er which had a Lippert frame- We had multiple problems with the pin box area of the frame over a period of 10 years- We ultimately traded out of that rig- Montana continues to have the same pin box problem- It is my opinion that the problem lies with the specs supplied to the frame builder, not the actual manufacturing process- JMHO- DD