Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #1

Jensen audio system - speaker B setting with X17Z

Any fellow X17Z (2013) get audio when setting the stock Jensen system to the B speaker only?

Speaker A is internal and speaker C is external but when I set B only I hear nothing. All speakers internal and external seem to be working when A and C are set so I'm not sure if B is just extra and expected to not control any speaker. thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #2

My Jensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxamo View Post
Any fellow X17Z (2013) get audio when setting the stock Jensen system to the B speaker only?

Speaker A is internal and speaker C is external but when I set B only I hear nothing. All speakers internal and external seem to be working when A and C are set so I'm not sure if B is just extra and expected to not control any speaker. thanks in advance for any feedback.
I'm surprised there have been no others commenting. I read this yesterday and opted to not reply because I don't have the X17Z, but seeing no others, I decided to throw in my two cents.
I have a 2013 Eagle 29.5 and I'm certain that the B speaker setting plays alone without the A speakers. I'll make my way through the snow outside and double check this. Could be just that they are disconnected OR actually control another connection (does yours have jacks for outside Audio/Video?).
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxamo View Post

B speaker in our 23B is not used. A is the inside 2 speakers, C is the 2 outside speakers.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #4

I think the stock Jensens are set up to run 6 speakers. 4 inside and 2 outside. On my AWM970, "A" plays the 2 speakers in the front of the living area, "B", plays the 2 in the rear and "C" plays outside. So if you only have 2 inside speakers, I imagine the "B" speaker button isn't hooked up to anything.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #5

what about the av outputs in the crawl space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNASHVILLE View Post
I think the stock Jensens are set up to run 6 speakers. 4 inside and 2 outside. On my AWM970, "A" plays the 2 speakers in the front of the living area, "B", plays the 2 in the rear and "C" plays outside. So if you only have 2 inside speakers, I imagine the "B" speaker button isn't hooked up to anything.
On my Eagle there is also a panel in the curbside cargo area with outputs for TV and sound, all RCA jacks. I'm wondering how in the world one would send signals to those as well. Not looking to hijack this though, just sayin".
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #6

I don't have the same trailer but speaker B is in our bed room. It will work on any one setting or any combination.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #7

Our old x17z only had 2 speakers inside and NONE outside but the radio had a,b and c. Only one of those letters, I believe A did anything and that was the two indoor speakers.

Our current 26RLS has 2 indoor speakers and 2 outdoor speakers but the radio still has a, b and c. Button A does the inside and C does the outside. B does nothing.

Our current 28DSBH has two speakers in the living room, 2 speakers in the bedroom and 2 speakers outside. Button A does the bedroom and B does the living room (or vice versa, I can't remember exactly) and C does outside.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #8

Thank you all for the replies. I also got a reply from my Jayco dealer and they also said it was normal for B not to have any audio since my X17Z only had 2 sets of speakers.
Maxamo is offline   Reply With Quote