Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #11
The owner / user manuals are OK, put not perfect, seems to be what everyone is saying. I agree with that. Information from the manufacturer, sometimes a distributor, seems to be much better when you have a specific need.

OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #12
My original packet was 3in thick. I removed all the foreign language stuff and my packet was half the size. I had 3 manuals on my Norcold fridge; English, French and Spanish, among others. I've actually read most of the stuff and got some helpful info, especially about the water heater [also available in French/Spanish]

2012 Eagle 320 RLDS
2012 Ford F-250 Crew Cab FX4, 6.7l PSD
3.55 E-locker, Timbrens
TCNASHVILLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #13
Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
I also removed the other languages I don't need, everything fits in a 1 1/2 " binder and easy to take along. On the front page I have all the Model# and SN# with all other specifications, so I don't have to look for it. Jayco put most of the manual with the unit and what's not there download from the manufacturer. I have been pretty trouble free since our first TT in the 70's but then I keep the TT well maintained. Everything in a home is stationary, but in a RV on the road everything bounces.
2014 Ram 1500 CrewCab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 3.92 Rear and Air Lift 1000
2005 Jayco Jay Feather LGT - 29Y GVWR-6500 lbs.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power

ALJO 'Forever Young @ Heart' provide on their travels Music Entertainment to Senior Care Homes
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #14
My first pop-up I read part of the manual
My first travel trailer, I looked at part of the manual
My current travel trailer, I haven't even opened the bag that they came in from the factory.

Most the info is so generic it doesn't really matter

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #15
Read the entire generic Greyhawk manual in pieces. Read some of the sections multiple times. Have also read many of the hardware specific manuals, e.g. fridge, cooktop, inverter, etc. Found many of them online and downloaded them, too. Much easier to carry my iPad on a trip rather than the stack of manuals.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #16
Flyrotor. The info in those manuals are generic indeed, however they are invaluable at trade in time. (I know some dealers anyway) do indeed REDUCE the amount they give you, if the manuals are not included in the deal. Consider the next owner of your unit might want them, it might be their first RV. So please keep them, even if you never open them.

Campingcat I do understand your "If everything I buy was perfect" line. However, nothing is. I do hear that line every week also. Nothing produced/manufactured can be perfect But I know that was just a "in a perfect world thought" from you. I agree, it would be nice if everything was perfect though, think of the money we could save on repairs. --- OH snap --- wait a minute --- I wouldnt have a job if there was never a need for RV repairs. Well Ok, then I could retire. YUP, it would be nice hee hee hee
I started with nothing, and still have most of it left
2001 Jayco KIWI 23B
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 AWD
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #17
Talking A +++

Originally Posted by Paulx213 View Post
When I bought my trailer I set it up in the driveway, ran the awning out, got a comfy chair and a cold beer and read them all.

Most are of little value. Little useful information.
You my friend get an A + !
They are there for a reason .. OK so when i looked at mine i might have said One or two times ( wow i didnot know That ) Still looked over them ..

2009 Jay Flight G2
2014 RAM 3500 Turbo Diesel
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote