Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #1
WNC

LCI Solera vs Dometic 9100 power awning

Looking for comparisons on the two brands. Pros/cons of each would be preferred if you have any dealings with both.

Also, is the fabric/roller assembly universal or brand specific (i.e. could you replace the fabric on a Dometic with fabric from a Solera?)

I had a Solera, but the arms broke with a wind gust, so I am having it replaced with a Dometic 9100. The fabric/roller is still in perfect shape, and I do not want to throw it out. Not having any luck selling just the roller assy/fabric, so am wondering if there is a benefit for me holding on to it for future need(in case the new fabric rips/tears in the future I will have a replacement).

Original Solera is an 18' black to white fade fabric.

Thanks
WNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:42 PM   #2
WNC

Anyone know if the fabric is the same size?
Old 08-24-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
WNC

Do all Dometic 9100 power awnings come with the LED light strip installed in the roller tubes "power channel" or is it an aftermarket accessory?

I have the LED light strip from the original solera awning, it was not applied with the adhesive backing. It slid in/out of a plastic channel that was sewn into the awning fabric where it met the travel trailer below the roof gutter. Would prefer to be able to use this on the new awning, since the power supply is already there(male/female connection coming out of the side of the TT). Does the Dometic 9100 come with the same plastic channel?