Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2015, 10:11 PM   #11
If you have to put the trailer at an angle for a sustained time. You have to turn the fridge off. Don't rely on unplugging the trailer. Until you hit the off button it's trying to run. My fridge was on propane. I assume the OP was as well since he was changing a tire on the road. When off kilter the propane system has a check valve that will shut off the propane. Fridge is still running but has no power source(propane or electric) for the coolant. Display panel works off 12v battery on my fridge. It keeps trying to restart. Sensors tell it something is wrong and kills the cooling. Once level propane will start flowing again but the fridge electronics must be reset. Dealing with ammonia as the coolant, this not your kitchen fridge. Ammonia is very dangerous when not properly contained. Lots,of,safe guards in the system. I wish I could tell you the sequence but I'm in a phone and Bryant RV won't let my phone's browser on their website. This is a time thing as well, the trailer can go off kilter and keep running as long as it comes back within a certain time frame. You can learn a lot more about how these fridges work by reading the service manual Bryant has posted. Owners manual don't have much detailed info. I printed my model's and keep it in my trailer for future use.

tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:45 AM   #12
Thanks everyone, since my panel was different than pictured, need up going to local RV place, they reset and tuned up reefer for $75, not too bad, since critters were nesting in burner

jstor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:28 AM   #13
Site Team
A bargain! You can fix those problems without a owners manual.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote

n display, refrigerator