Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2016, 12:04 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
15 months ago I got tried of always trying to find the sat with my manual dish and got this rooftop mounted auto dish.. I have been real happy with it so far...
RF Mogul: Mobile Satellite Systems - RV Television - Internet - SNG - DSNG - USA
I'm a stick-shift kinda guy....

Setting the thing up just right is part of my idea of fun.

I'm going to have to contact Direct TV about an additional stand-alone receiver and portable antenna...

TT 2015 19RD "TheJayco"
TV 2003 F-350 "Montblanc" - Housebroken chore truck

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:40 AM   #12
I used to think the same thing with SD, with HD I found it was easier for me to buy a tailgater setup. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-directv/84186 or this one cheaper http://www.adventurerv.net/king-cont...0-p-29705.html

CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:26 AM   #13
Used to you buy a standard TV SAT RCVR at the big box stores and they would set it up for your SAT TV provider and add to your SAT account. If they want to know where the TV is going to be installed tell them the Garage... It used to only cost an additional $6 dollars per room.

Another note not mentioned yet is if you have LOCAL TV on your plan this is not work beyond your ZIP CODE. So don't expect to receive local TV when you are away from your home town. We have great luck using the OTA crank-up BAT wing antenna picking up the local TV signal from the close by towns...

I used to drag along the SAT RCVR and portable tripod dish until the NATL BROADCAST went to digital TB back in 2009 I think it was. Now we just watch local TV everywhere we go. There is a couple of SAT TV channels we miss but we got over it ok...

Also on all of my older RV units I never was able to get the OUTSIDE SAT TV connections to work for me. Always ran a separate RG cable up through the storage bay door into the trailer and plugged into the back of the brought along SAT RCVR. Then I would use the VIDEO OUT connection to the local TV so I could select VID(with SAT RCVR)-CABLE-ANT with my TV remote. Didn't disturb any of the RV wiring doing it this way... If your portable dish has two port then you can a second RG cable to another SAT RCVR for the second TV location in your RV doing the same thing...

I have no idea how the modern RV SAT TV stuff works... Its all too expensive for me to know haha...

Roy Ken
Roy and Carolyn
I claim Horse Creek Country in Southern Ill - Momabear is from North Texas
We live in King George VA

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:42 PM   #14
You can use this site to plug in the address or zip code of your campsite, it will give you the coordinates to point your dish at. For DirecTV you will usually want the 101, 110 or 119 satellite. I use the 101 for standard definition.

Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

2015 F250 XLT FX4 Crew 6.2L
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
wallacemf is offline   Reply With Quote