Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2017, 06:54 AM   #1

Outside TV Mount

We just bought a Jay Feather 25BH and it, like all the other ones out there, have the outside TV mount.

I was just wondering what people are using out there? Is there a weight limit/size limit? I haven't picked up our camper yet as it is being prepped so I don't have the manual (if there is one for the TV Mount). Not looking at hanging a 70" TV off of it but I was going to keep my eyes out for a cheap TV in the 32-40 range maybe or is that way too big/heavy?

Also when in transit where do you store the TV? One of the beds?
sennister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:54 AM   #2

It looks like the TV mount used is a Kebloc mount from looking at pictures.

I wanted an outside TV mount for our new Eagle TT and bought 2 Kebloc's and a corresponding tilt/swivel mount so I can move a TV between our bedroom and the outside.

I bought a Visio 39" LED TV (D39h-D0) and with it weighing almost 14# and adding the weight of the compatible metal tilt/swivel mount, which is solid steel and weights another couple of pounds, the mount holds everything just fine.

Oh, and I take ours down off the Kebloc mount in the bedroom and lay it screen side down on our bed during transit.

Here is the manufacturer's website. They should be able to answer any questions you have if Jayco can't, or you don't get any documentation.

https://www.lw-eng.com/categories/1/KeBloc-Products

HTH,

J
Old 02-23-2017, 09:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
It looks like the TV mount used is a Kebloc mount from looking at pictures.

I wanted an outside TV mount for our new Eagle TT and bought 2 Kebloc's and a corresponding tilt/swivel mount so I can move a TV between our bedroom and the outside.

I bought a Visio 39" LED TV (D39h-D0) and with it weighing almost 14# and adding the weight of the compatible metal tilt/swivel mount, which is solid steel and weights another couple of pounds, the mount holds everything just fine.

Oh, and I take ours down off the Kebloc mount in the bedroom and lay it screen side down on our bed during transit.

Here is the manufacturer's website. They should be able to answer any questions you have if Jayco can't, or you don't get any documentation.

https://www.lw-eng.com/categories/1/KeBloc-Products

HTH,

J
Yes, I should have mentioned that I did determine it is a Kebloc. Since they appear to be on all the Jaycos now I assumed it wouldn't need to be researched but I appreciate that. Not sure when they kind of became standard. At least on the models we were looking at they all had them. I did contact the company last week via the form on their website last week but never did hear anything back. I guess I can call them. When I was at the RV show I asked a salesman and he said 14" tv. I kind of laughed thinking that can't be right. I can't think of the last time I have even seen a 14" TV in the store and like you pointed out these new 40" or so TVs really don't weigh much. I would imagine that it is mainly going to be a weight thing but maybe there is a size limit concern because of wind catching it or someone bumping into it.

I don't see the need to go bigger than lets say 42" and actually one thought is to take the 32" Furrion TV that is coming with our camper out and replace it with a nicer one inside since the Furrion is only 720p. Then using the Furrion outside since it is supposedly designed to take more bumps and temp swings and I have seen outdoor covers for TVs on Amazon to help protect it from condensation and see if it would be fine leaving it outside while camping rather than bringing it in every night. I would bring it in if the weather conditions warranted retracting the awning.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennister View Post
We just bought a Jay Feather 25BH and it, like all the other ones out there, have the outside TV mount.

I was just wondering what people are using out there? Is there a weight limit/size limit? I haven't picked up our camper yet as it is being prepped so I don't have the manual (if there is one for the TV Mount). Not looking at hanging a 70" TV off of it but I was going to keep my eyes out for a cheap TV in the 32-40 range maybe or is that way too big/heavy?

Also when in transit where do you store the TV? One of the beds?
I believe you are looking at the correct size tv's. The new tv's don't weigh hardly anything, so you should have problems with those size tv's.

Good Luck
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #5

We use a 32" led tv outside of our Whitehawk and it works great. We did make a cover out of some vinyl from fabric shop to keep dust and light rain off the tv. We take it off for big storms.
GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:31 AM   #6

I think we are going to add the outside mount to ours, it will not come with one.
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote