Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #1

Pathway X2 second receiver problem

Moved up to the Pathway X2 mainly to get satelite TV in bedroom as our previous Tailgater only has one coax connection.

The X2 came with the 211Z receiver which we have on our main TV and moved the 211K we had for the TGater to the bedroom.

With that we cannot get the bedroom receiver to acquire a signal. We do have the screen setup but it will not acquire. Both TV's are using HDMI cables.

We have 2 coax in connections on the outside as pictured (old pic...we have coax from the SAT Bedroom to the X2) and A/B switch inside.

When we are hooked up to a CG's cable both TV's work fine.

Any suggestions/ideas?

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

I assume you selected the Pathway X2 for two outputs when you powered it on and had everything hooked up. If not hook up everything for two sats and start over. Did you do a check switch on the bedroom tv? I read somewhere that you have to do this for the second sat output. Also, I have read somewhere that 2 sat out only works on sat 72.7 which contains most of the Dish programming. But don't take this to the bank as I haven't tried it. Also try running the 2nd sat direct to you bedroom receiver and see if this works. It may be a bad connection somewhere.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #3

I am looking to get the Winegard Pathway X2 for my 2013 351RLTS fifth wheel...

This camper has only one coaxial Satellite/Antenna connection at the rear of the camper. Does this mean that I will need to run another cable if I want to have receivers in the bedroom and living room that work independently?

If I just leave the one connection and use a single LNB dish, can I use a receiver at either location? I understand that I can't have two receivers tuned to two different channels.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Each receiver will have to hook up to the Pathway X2 independently. I am in the process of buying an X2 as well and my Eagle only has one sat input on the back of the trailer. I plan on installing a second sat in and then using the existing coaxial cable that supplies the tv signal from the rear of the TT up to the bedroom to hook up the second dish receiver. The existing tv antenna output can then be diplexed over the same coaxial cable to run the bedroom tv i.e. diplexed at each end. That is how I did it in my house and this is no different. A diplexer looks like a cable tv splitter but has two inputs of different frequencies, one for sat and one for vhf/uhf (see link below). So on the satellite/antenna end the sat connection would hook to the Pathway X2, the vhf/uhf connection would hook to the existing antenna, and the in/out connection would hook to the coaxial cable going to the bedroom. On the bedroom end the in/out connection would hook to the coaxial able as well, the sat connection would hook to the sat connection on the receiver and the vhf/uhf connection would hook to the ant. connection on the receiver. Then once the sat is working then one can scan local channels on the dish receivers. Of course the tv output to the main tv in your living room can now be hooked up to the dish receiver ant. input as well and it will pickup local over the air channels as well after scanning them. P.S. Make sure you get a diplexer than passes the DC voltage through from the receiver to the Pathway X2 as this is how it gets power. The diplexer shown in the link does. http://www.a1components.com/BVModule...FeRj7Aod1BUAHw
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:24 PM   #5

Larry,
Did you ever find a solution to getting your Pathway X2 to work with a second receiver in the bedroom? I have an Eagle Premier 361REQS 5th wheel with the same single input at the rear of the unit. I just ordered by X2 and two receivers.
Cheetah053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #6

Actually no!

Going to call Winegard this coming week and see if they can help.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote