Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
It appears our problem is not in the back flow preventer- There is an obstuction elsewhere so again we plea for y'alls knowledge as to where and what is our real problem- We plan a short burst of air pressure if there is a consenses that this will not create even bigger problems- Bear in mind, we are full-timers in our Eagle and can not tow to a dealer without considerable labor on our part- We will try to contact a mobile tech for assistance but we have found that the mobile techs we have tried in the past are not always very proficient- JMHO- THANX in advance for all forthcoming replies- DD

Fulltiming since July 1, 1999 currently with a 2005 GMC Sierra 3500 cc drw towing a 2007 Jayco Eagle 341RLQS
Diesel Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
Possible water leak and failure of black tank flusher

More than likely your back flusher is stopped up in the tank. Mine did the same thing i hooked up the hose and left it hooked up for a day( valve open by the way) and it never started working. This last winter i developed a black tank leak and turns out it was the black tank flush that had a crack. Dont know if the pressure from leaving the hose hooked up caused it or not, so be careful using air. I know when i took it out there was no way it would have ever come unstopped by water. Just my .02
Hope this helps

lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
If the sprinkler inside the tank is where the blockage is, I'd want to empty the tank as best as possible without the flusher then fill it up with clean water high enough to cover the sprinkle in hopes a good soak would loose the blockage before I tried shooting compressed air. Some laundry or dish detergent may help the soak.

May be able to use one of those telescopic mirrors to look in the tank through the head and see if you can varify the blockage first.

Best of luck.

2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote