Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2012, 05:52 AM   #11
I need to do the same thing on my OFF-ROAD POPUP.

My cord hanging out to ground make a 6-lane highway for crawly things right up into the cable compartment. I also have a 1500WATT PSW Inverter installed in my POPUP on the tongue end of the trailer inside a cabinet and want to run a heavy cable from it to a similar "20AMP" MARINCO adapter with lid type connector that is connected only to the 1500WATT Inverter. Then I can use a short 30AMP to 20AMP "dogbone" adapter between the two to connect my 30AMP POPUP shore cable to my Inverter. This would be a poor-mans transfer switch... I would have to flip some 120VAC breakers in the Power Distribution Center but my main goal was to power up the POPUP 120VAC receptacles scattered around the trailer both inside and outside. I already have a second 600WATT PSW Inverter with all of my Home Entertainment items connected to it so we can watch HDTV from the OTA antenna when camping off the power grid.

Of course changing out the 30AMP pull-out cable means I have to now buy a new 30AMP cable with the twist lock connector on it to hook up to shore power or my 2KW Honda Generator. Or buy the KIT you purchased.... I'll have to check-in and see what the best deal is cost wise. Some of those cable items can get real expensive...

That PVC/plastic panel you needed is available from LOWES I bet buying a lid or something you can modify to fit around the existing screw holes. I use the electrical dept at LOWES for alot of my RV electrical needs. They have a full line of PVC electrical products...

Roy and Carolyn
I claim Horse Creek Country in Southern Ill - Momabear is from North Texas
We live in King George VA

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #12
That ring you made looks like a factory fit. No, let me correct that...it looks better than factory. If you want to pass that
mod off as a factory option smear some Doctor all over the plastic plate and that will replicate a factory job...lol

2010 Silverado 5.3 3.73 EC Superchip, AEM Air Intake
2013 Jayflight 26RLS
2 Fur daughters
1 Wife
....and empty pockets
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
I completed this conversion today.

I my case I ordered the inlet and a right angle power cord. Not the conversion kit.

Others have had issue with the mouse hole opening being too large even for the adapter that comes in the conversion kit. Anticipating that problem I went to Lowe's and just searched for something I could make my own adapter. What I found was a plastic disk that was intended to be placed on drywall to stop a door knob from putting a hole in the dry wall. It happened to be EXACTLY the diameter of the mouse hole piece. I drilled a 2 3/4 inch hole in it, mounted the inlet and screwed it to the trailer using the existing hole.

BTW, my siding is not the smooth fiberglass material. It is the wavy aluminum siding.

Hope this helps with those trying to find an adapter.

Chuck - Sparta, TN
2012 Jay Flight 22FB, 2 x Honda EU2000i
2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote