Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #1

predator generators

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new predator generators from harbor fright . There is one that is a 2200 investor type that's a lot more inexpensive then the Honda's and Yamaha. Also they are you advertising that these generators are just as quiet. Thanks
outofhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #2

I can only give it a 1 star out of 5 star rating.
We bought one a short time ago. First time we ran it, the crankshaft snapped. Totally broken. Took it back. The person that I spoke with at Harbor Freight said that they had several returned for various reasons. Instead of exchanging, I returned it. My feeling about it later is that I should have known better than to buy cheap, and went with quality and reputation. I still buy things from harbor freight, but not one of these. I would not recommend one. Steve
Stevefaync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #3

You get what you pay for and genoraters are not a place to go cheap. I bought one of the small 800watt gens from HF and returned it when it would only run for a few minutes and died. The replacement ran fine for the first year but then all of a sudden wouldn't start. Got them to replace it since the manuf paperwork called for a longer warrantee than HF gives you. I did get a 3d one and paid $27 for a full 2 year warr. because I like to use the cheap one here on the farm and don't like to risk damage to my Honda 2000 by loading it around in my 4x4. Figure the $89 plus x warr. is worth it for my purposes, but would never rely on something like this for camping.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #4

Thanks that's what I thought but you never know
outofhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #5

When you look at the amount of electrical equipment in these trailers now a days I would not ever consider using a cheap generator....you get what you pay for and all it would take is one nice surge and you could fry some expensive gadgets....
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote