I read through the latest REV "K" Dated 09/27/11, Installation Instructions, and compared it to the REV "H" Dated 07/30/10....., found the following differences:
* REV "K" in a couple line items added some minor "set-up" text.
* Figure "5" was cleaned up a little.
* REV "K" added an entire page devoted to the snap-up bracket titled: "Installation Instructions, Snap Up Bracket". In REV "H" there wasn't any reference to the snap-up bracket.
I have a couple of comments in respect to the new "Installation Instructions, Snap UP Bracket" page added to the REV "K", Installation Instructions for the Reese Dual Cam:
* Based on Reese's statement referencing Jayco ball couplers mounted to the bottom of the A-frame, the new Snap Up Bracket document is directed at Jayco products only. BUT, Jayco isn't the only RV manufacture with ball couplers mounted on the bottom, so it looks like I have to contact Reese for additional clarification.
* The snap-up bracket shown in the Reese referenced photo is a standard snap-up bracket, not the heavy duty version. Does this make a difference? Again, a question for Reese.
* Reese refers to the "installation of an additional bolt
into the snap up bracket", but they only refer to drilling for one self tapper. The word "additional" is a little misleading. Question for Reese.
* Interesting that Reese isn't using the two lower existing holes on the snap up bracket for the bolt....., they must feel it's more effective locating the added bolt closer to the top of the TT A-frame. Question for Reese
* No where within the text is "tongue weight" mentioned. Why isn't tongue weight a variable? Question for Reese.
I plan to contact Reese Tech Support with my questions and will report back with their comments.