Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #1

Remote Control Usage

I have a 2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 321 RLTS that has a remote control to operate the slide outs and jacks. When I tried to use it this spring, nothing worked. Replaced the batteries, and then one of the three slides would move out about 3" and then stopped. Anyone else have problems with this remote control system? Any suggestions as to what the problem might be? I replaced the batteries again to make sure that I had brand-new batteries in the remote. Still didn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #2

I had some trouble until I understood how it works. I was pressing buttons in the wrong sequence. Mine works this way: Choose the function and the lights blink, then press the out or in control buttons. But the key is if you don't get the blinks after selecting function it will do nothing.

My suggestion is press the function just a bit longer and watch the lights.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #3

I find that if the 5er is not level side to side and there is resistance to the movement of the slide it causes the slide to buck and then the motion stops. You have to then start again. It also depends on proximity to the receiver. It seems overly sensitive to resistance. I often end up using the controls from the inside. The battery only lasted a year and it wasn't used very often.
When I use it on the bedroom Lippert slide I am always concerned that if it stops and starts it will cause the drive motors to go out of sinc and require the manual adjustment scenario to get it working again. Not sure I'd get that option again.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #4

I like the remote but when I slid in the main slide tonight it keep running after I let button go so slide motor kept clicking. Was very brief but if it sticks again like that will probly just use inside switches
bcmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #5

Not sure that i can help because you did what I did. I had the same issues with my new unit. The remote would start and the curb side slide especially would move a short distance and stop. The unit would not restart. My problem was solved by replacing the battery in the remote. I also noticed once I replaced the battery that the remote is sensitive to distance especially on the curb side slide standing outside. I need to figure the location of the receiver.

It have also had the issue of the unit briefly continuing after I stopped pressing the button. My theory is that there is some type of delay and the remote continues to send the cached requests.

I do like the functionality of the remote so far for the landing and rear jacks and the slides.
Luvthenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #6

I've got the remote as well. When it works it's pretty nice but it seems a bit "glitchy".
Luv, my receiver is behind the wall in the basement just ahead of the stairs. There is a small "hatch" that gives access to it when removed.
There are relays that control the slides, stabs and landing gear. Our remote has a button for an additional slide that we do not have and it seems to confuse the receiver it I try to use that function. It also seems to not like having its buttons pushed in a rapid sequence. The manual switches are also connected to the receiver.
On our first outing I couldn't retract the big slide (ODS) and wound up wrenching it in by hand (45min). Back at the storage site I tinkered with it and, Presto!, it began working. It's been out and in maybe 5 times since with no problems.
In my tinkering I discovered that should one slide refuse to move (like due to a bad relay) I can connect it's wire to another slider's control. I didn't try it but I could probably touch the power wire directly to the battery feed on the receiver and get a slide in that way (kind of like hotwiring a car).
I've also noticed that it will keep the motor running for a second after I've stopped pushing the button.
But it is nice to be able to walk around a slide as it's moving in or out to check for obstructions and the like, so it's nice when it works which it mostly does.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:28 PM   #7

Remote controll

Hi all I have a 2016 5th wheel. How do you program the remote controll just got it yesterday. No book for it. Thank you.
Wjbuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #8

Turn it on
push the button you want to operate, slide, front jack, rear jacks etc. button will light
push retract or extend and the selected should move or turn or/off
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #9

X2 on battery- purchased our trailer in March and remote batteries were dead by june
ewaltseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjbuckler View Post
Hi all I have a 2016 5th wheel. How do you program the remote control just got it yesterday. No book for it. Thank you.
It should already be programmed to match your unit from the factory.