Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2015, 09:18 PM   #21

Did it take til November to get it fixed (just curious - I never saw your original post back in April).
MzLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzLiz View Post
Did it take til November to get it fixed (just curious - I never saw your original post back in April).
Yes, it did. We have had a "plastic & duct tape panel" all summer. The 3 to 6 week expected waiting time turned into 3 to 6 months. Of course the first enclosure came in sometime in August but was broken so another one had to be ordered. That one came in sometime in October, but we had plans for trips during October, so we took the trailer in last week for the repair. A couple of hours after we left the dealership called me to say that Jayco was denying the warranty authorization. Of course they went ahead and completed the work, and my dealer was just beside himself, and worked with me to make it as painless as possible for both of us. He gave me the name and number of the warranty rep at Jayco, I called him and as I said before, the issue got solved. The only thing left to do is get the refund from my dealer.

Just as a side note, I noticed the front right landing gear looked odd before they pulled it out for me to hook up, and sure enough the landing gear would not retract, long story short they found out the technician bumped the landing gear while pulling it to the bay and bent it. They are now replacing the landing gear (at their cost of course) and have offered to bring the trailer to us when it's finished. It's about 75 miles one way, so if we aren't back in town when it's ready I'll probably let them bring it home. Bottom line though is through this whole thing, Jayco and my Dealership have both stepped up to the line and done the right thing. I'm a "Happy Camper" right now.

Nights Camped in 2015: 62
Nights Camped in 2016: 74
Nights Camped in 2017: 69
RLS1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:47 AM   #23

Wow, that's quite a saga, RLS!
It sounds like everything is working out tho which is great news. Thanks for posting the follow-up.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote