Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #1

slideout motor problem

2013 Jayfeather x213 the slide out has worked fine, went to go clean camper and slide out extended fine. went to retract it and it moved in about 8 inches, stopped and started clicking like it does when fully extended or retracted. checked for something jaming but nothing, gears and rails look fine. I went out and pushed on it a little, hit the button and it moved another 8 inches and stopped and started clicking again. I got the crank handle out and it wont come in with that, now all it does is spin unless I gently jockey the slideout then it will continue the move a little and spin...any ideas? Motor shot? thanks, anthony
Afinelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #2

Look for a bad shear pin or did a bolt fall out.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:01 PM   #3

all 4 shear bolts are there...all the bolts seam there, teeth on the gears inside the sliding channel look good
Old 11-23-2016, 06:01 AM   #4

Just had the same thing happen this weekend. How did you resolve this issue?

I was thinking of taking it apart and looking at it rather than just ordering new parts.
atwinfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:41 AM   #5

The gears in the motor were broke so I had it replaced then the tech found out that the transmission behind the motor had broken gears also so he had to replace that as well. They don't make the old style transmission though so he got the new upgraded one and modified the bracket to make it fit. Works fine now, he also sits to spray the slide out rails with dry graphite lube and when closing the unite, do it slowly, the key is to stop just before it clicks, that click is the gear stripping and it will eventually break

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2021, 12:02 PM   #6

I see a lot of folks have issues with the X213 bedroom slideout. Our failed to extend this weekend and we could hear the motor running. My guess is the boxgear is stripped, since even the manual crank has no affect on the movement of the slideout. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks
CampRCruise is offline   Reply With Quote