Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2016, 01:28 PM   #1

Small Leak

Howdy. Just went on our 'shakedown' cruise with our 2016 Octane 222. New to this camper, not new to camping, trailers, opo-up, or motorhomes. Have owned em' all. Hoping to tap into the combined 'brain' of all f you out there.

Only problem so far is a small leak in the water line coming into the toilet. There is an elbow behind the toilet and it seems to be leaking at the joint of the horizontal line. It is going to be a MAJOR pain to get at. I was hoping there was a 'screw' type clamp I could just tighten but the clamp is not the screw type. Looks like it takes a special tool to attach/detach. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't take it in for warranty coverage. I ought this unit from a gentleman who purchased it, took it from West Florida down to Ft Myers and home. Then medical issues came up and he had to sell. So even though it won't be a year old till April, the 2-year warranty does not transfer.

Thanks in advance.
jaxbb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxbb3 View Post
Howdy. Just went on our 'shakedown' cruise with our 2016 Octane 222. New to this camper, not new to camping, trailers, opo-up, or motorhomes. Have owned em' all. Hoping to tap into the combined 'brain' of all f you out there.

Only problem so far is a small leak in the water line coming into the toilet. There is an elbow behind the toilet and it seems to be leaking at the joint of the horizontal line. It is going to be a MAJOR pain to get at. I was hoping there was a 'screw' type clamp I could just tighten but the clamp is not the screw type. Looks like it takes a special tool to attach/detach. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't take it in for warranty coverage. I ought this unit from a gentleman who purchased it, took it from West Florida down to Ft Myers and home. Then medical issues came up and he had to sell. So even though it won't be a year old till April, the 2-year warranty does not transfer.

Thanks in advance.
Make sure of exactly what part has failed. I just fixed toilet feed-water leak that was the $45 valve itself.

There is no substitute for removing the broken piece of plastic and replacing it. A cracked pipe or an elbow has to go!

Get in there at home while the system is pressurized and confirm the faulty part. If it is an elbow or pipe Lowes or Home Depot will have replacement parts (just don't say "RV"). Anything else, you'll have to get ahold of your friendly neighborhood RV parts store and order up the proper replacement.

You might wind up having to cut through one or more of those stainless steel bands and replacing it with a worm drive hose clamp. Or spend $95 on the crimp tool.

Good Luck!

Here's hoping your problem is small and easily fixed.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:03 PM   #3

Not sure of the exact layout of your trailer, but these toilets are not as difficult to remove as you might think. Two bolts, a water connection and then you have access to everything.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote