Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #1

Speakers

I am thinking I want to put speakers in the bedroom ceiling , Has anyone ever done this? and whats the easiest way to get wires across the ceiling?

L
firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #2

Personally I would go with the wireless ones... much easier to do..
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #3

Seann, that may be the best route to go. We have a clock radio in the bedroom, but sometimes nice to have the ipod plug in the main stereo

L
Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
Seann, that may be the best route to go. We have a clock radio in the bedroom, but sometimes nice to have the ipod plug in the main stereo
Let me throw something different at you. Try an FM transmitter. In our old 17z hybrid we didn't have outdoor speakers but I loved the idea of having the same music playing inside and outside the camper. The Fm transmitter solved that problem. Here's how it will work for you.

The FM transmitter has a male headphone jack that you plug into the ipod. You then set the FM transmitter to a certain FM frequency. Something like 88.1 works most of the time. You then turn your TT and the clcok radio in your bedroom to 88.1 and you'll have the same music playing on everything. You are basically broadcasting your own FM radio station when using the FM transmitter.

I had a little portable radio that I would bring outside the TT and that's how I got the same music inside and out.

Anyway, this is the easiest fix for what you want to do. It works really well!

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #5

Cm,

also a great idea, I will look at other options like that so I don't have to cut any holes

L
Old 03-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
Cm,

also a great idea, I will look at other options like that so I don't have to cut any holes
I forgot to post the link. lol

This is what I use.

It works great. I would plug the FM transmitter into my ipod and play music. Then I'd set the TT radio and the portable radio outside to the same frequency to have the same music playing inside and out. It is especially good at night around the fire because you could have the portable radio right next to you around the fire without worrying about having the TT outdoor speakers too loud.

That FM transmitter works really well. I had the transmitter and ipod in my house and it broadcast a great FM signal 50' into my backyard. I did have to do a VERY slight modification that requires opening the FM transmitter case and turning a plastic screw to increase the broadcast area. It's a VERY simple thing to do so don't sweat it. You only have to do it one time and then you're set. I couldn't recommend this thing enough for what you want to do.

This will also give you the ability to have either the TT and/or the clock radio on at the same time. You could also have the portable radio outside like I mentioned above.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #7

Firefighter - I too have used the CRANE FM TRANSMITTER... Works pretty nice You do have to use a stereo type portable radio to tune in the CRANE transmitter but it works pretty good... All you do is plug any stereo audio signal into the transmitter and then you can pick that up at a distant point. Seems like i saw something at WALMART that was called wireless speakers too...

Wiring from one of the trailer is pretty simple to do. I have run several VIDEO and RG cables from the fron end of the trailer to the bedroom are using the foam air conditioner duct. You can take dwon the AC DUCTS and then fish cables from one duct to the next. Then on both ends you poke thru the foam rather easy to get your wiring up inside a wall mounted cabinet which Imy trailer has on both ends. Once inside the the ceiling mounted cabinets then you can route your cables down to the table tops or whatever and keep them all out of sight... I have three RG cables running back to the bed for some of my radio scanner hookup and also ran a video (red-white-yellow) to the bed room area to pass along some TV signals... Everything is out-of-sight and doesn't harm the air conditioner ducts at all. I always patched up my holes where I entered and left the AC duct using the spray foam to reseal the AC DUCT. They are probably designed to hold a certain amount of pressure for the AC to work properly.

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote