Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2016, 05:32 PM   #21

You've got a point there. Trojan makes some good 12V deep cells that are just short of 6V capacities, so choices are out there. I think they just Matmay not be as commonly stocked add the 6 volts. The good thing is that either of them can work!
Old 07-21-2016, 06:24 PM   #22

Battery use

Sorry for the late post on this issue but I have the same setup two 12v group and 24 Interstate. We camp a week home and than a week away, so the fridge is stocked 24/7 at home or on the road. Have been looking at solar to off set battery use when dry camping but can't seem to figure out what size panels we need to keep the battery up when not plugged in to shore power. Any way regarding the battery time on two group 24 Interstates run a 987 watt resident ref by accident while home two weeks ago we had a power failure from a storm and was with out power for over 23 Hours. I completely forgot about the trailer until the next morning, about 10 hours. When I went out to the trailer the refrigerator display showed 0 degress in the freezer and 34 in the refrigerator side. Outside temps were around 67 degree's and the A/C thermostat showed 87 inside the trailer. The inverter showed battery voltage as 11.8 volts but no errors. I am sure both battery were shot, but I hooked the trailer up to the generator an d charged them back up using the trailer system. So I hope that help all of you regarding the time issue, and that's real world. And if anyone can help with the solar panel size issue I am dealing with please give me some feed back. I am looking at the portable 90watt or the 140 watt kit that Jayco pre-wired for at the factory so it will just plug in. Just can't figure if 90 watts would be adequate to run the refrigerator and keep the butteries charged. Any help would be great.
NorthpointWhitelighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:07 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthpointWhitelighting View Post
Sorry for the late post on this issue but I have the same setup two 12v group and 24 Interstate. We camp a week home and than a week away, so the fridge is stocked 24/7 at home or on the road. Have been looking at solar to off set battery use when dry camping but can't seem to figure out what size panels we need to keep the battery up when not plugged in to shore power. Any way regarding the battery time on two group 24 Interstates run a 987 watt resident ref by accident while home two weeks ago we had a power failure from a storm and was with out power for over 23 Hours. I completely forgot about the trailer until the next morning, about 10 hours. When I went out to the trailer the refrigerator display showed 0 degress in the freezer and 34 in the refrigerator side. Outside temps were around 67 degree's and the A/C thermostat showed 87 inside the trailer. The inverter showed battery voltage as 11.8 volts but no errors. I am sure both battery were shot, but I hooked the trailer up to the generator an d charged them back up using the trailer system. So I hope that help all of you regarding the time issue, and that's real world. And if anyone can help with the solar panel size issue I am dealing with please give me some feed back. I am looking at the portable 90watt or the 140 watt kit that Jayco pre-wired for at the factory so it will just plug in. Just can't figure if 90 watts would be adequate to run the refrigerator and keep the butteries charged. Any help would be great.
That sounds encouraging, thanks for the info. I still might look at upgrading to group 27's or even 31's but I will have to ponder on that. Sorry, can't help with the solar part.